- Square’s CashApp drew in $1.63 billion, which pushed its gross profit up by 212% year-over-year
- Gross profit from Bitcoin sales totaled to $32 million, a 15x increase from last year
- In Q2 2020, CashApp had sold roughly half that amount - $875 million with a $17 million gross profit
- Square’s focus on Bitcoin has accelerated in 2020, having announced in August 2020 that its Bitcoin revenue eclipsed all other avenues
- The report also alludes to the company’s purchase of $50 million worth of Bitcoin in October 2020, saying that “cryptocurrencies are an instrument of economic empowerment and aligns with the company’s purpose”
- Square CEO Jack Dorsey is an ardent supporter of Bitcoin, having praised the asset on multiple occasions
Square With Over $1B in Bitcoin Revenue in Q3 2020
Send a $0.01 microtip in crypto to the author, and earn yourself as you read!% to author / 80% to me.
We pay the tips from our rewards pool.