Huobi has launched the Global DeFi Alliance via its DeFi division, as announced in a press release published on August 17. The alliance is a consortium of DeFi entities with the agenda of best practices and overall development.
- Goal of the alliance is to advance DeFi research and development, promote best practices, facilitate cross-border collaboration and develop the ecosystem
- Also aims to “become the first to bridge centralized and decentralized financial communities” and “unite the fragmented DeFi communities across the Asia-Pacific and Western regions”
- Alliance was initially led by Huobi CIO Sharlyn Wu, who previously supervised blockchain strategy and investment at China Merchant Bank International (CMBI)
- Members include Maker Foundation, Compound, NEST communities, dYdX and Huobi DeFi Lab
- Additional members will be added in the months to follows, including wallets, protocols, research institutions, investment institutions, security companies, trading firms, and traditional financial institutions
- Specific areas of focus include protocol and interaction standardization, adoption, security improvements and sustainability