The Badger DAO team is expected to launch synthetic rebasing token DIGG in the upcoming days, as confirmed by the team over Twitter on Jan. 7.
- DIGG is a synthetic rebasing asset that is based off of Ampleforth (AMPL), but DIGG is pegged to Bitcoin (BTC), not the USD
- Badger DAO’s TVL has soared since the start of 2020, adding $200 million since Jan. 1 to reach $607 million at the time of publishing
- Users can deposit collateral to receive “bDIGG”, which can then be staked to earn both the BADGER governance token and the DIGG token
- The rebasing is limited to the bDIGG vault, with a new multiplier method to “reward those deposited in vaults vs farm & dumpers”
- Other features and improvements include lower gas costs and automated stability strategies
- 14.5% of the DIGG supply will be airdropped to Badgers that have used the app since launch