- 600 g all-purpose flour
- 450 g water
- 10 g salt
- 4 g yeast
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl, using a wooden spoon. Mix until the mixture looks like a thick porridge.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Poke one or two holes in the plastic wrap and allow mixture to rest for 15-25 hours.
- When ready turn dough out on to a working surface dusted with flour. Fold the dough in on itself 3-4 times. Quickly make a ball. Place a kitchen towel in a bowl and dust with flour heavily. Put the dough on the towel in the bowl. The dough is VERY loose so you need to work very quickly with it and your hands need to be floured also, in order for you to fold it.
- Let the dough rest for about 2 hours, until it doubles in size.
- Lightly oil an oven proof, casserole dish or clay pot with a lid. Put in oven to heat. Tilt the bowl to drop the dough into the heated dish or pot.Bake at 230* C (440* F) with the lid on, for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid and bake for another 15 minutes or so, until the forms a crust that is golden brown and crunchy.