4 Things today: Themes of the Week, Bullish Items, Bearish Items, Other Items from Today's Call
THEMES OF THE WEEK:
- Crypto Market Cap surpassed $400B this week, and has held there despite a tough week for altcoins and DeFi altcoins.
- $BTC above $13,000 and staying there. Spending much of the week between $13,800-$14,000
- $ETH above $375 and staying there. Spending much of the week between $380-$400
- $OCEAN was one of lone strong performers of the week up 25.6% in 7d.
- Keep3r and the $KP3R token
BULLISH ITEMS FROM CALL
1) The USDC/BOND @barn_bridge liquidity pool is earning approximately 1,300% in APY on a $11M TVL pool.
- Large returns on a large liquidity pool = good times
- https://www.coingecko.com/en/yield-farming and sort by return on the right hand side of the page
2) One of our call participants is very BULLISH on @avalancheavax
- They are a smart contract platform that is looking to attract developers to build on Avalanche through grants and accelerator funding.
- Smart contract platforms have very large total addressable markets (TAMs) to grow into.
- Mainnet only launched in September 2020
3) Smart Contract Auditors
- @SolidityFinance are one example smart contract developers and auditors.
- I would love to have a way to invest in smart contract auditors
- As investors, we can follow smart contract auditors to confirm the safety of smart contracts related to certain organizations
4) Mongolia's largest bank is going to offer crypto services.
- Earlier this week is was Iran. Today it is Mongolia. We continue to see adoption of crypto by large corporations and large governments
5) Lots of talk around $HEGIC (@HegicOptions), and their staking/pool products, as well as crypto options contracts.
6) A small thread by @Macarse about why he is bullish on @HegicOptions:
7) A listener also liked @orion_protocol, who is building DeFi products & services for B2B & B2C application
BEARISH ITEMS FROM CALL
1) People on the call today were BEARISH on @TeamPresearch and the $PRE token.
- My major concern is around UX/UI, and the ability to gain market share
OTHER ITEMS FROM TODAY's CALL
1) The https://etherscan.io/ website has a few resources I was unfamiliar with:
- Top ERC-20 Token Page - https://etherscan.io/tokens
- Note that on this page, the very far right column has "# of Holders" for each cryptocurrency. This is very useful to use in relation to "how early am I to this investment"
- Top ERC-721 Token Page - https://etherscan.io/tokens
- Charts! - https://etherscan.io/charts
2) @CryptoDiffer letting us know what is upcoming in November and Q4 2020:
3) New Organization I hadn't seen before: @FrontierdotXYZ
- Chain-agnostic DeFi protocol.
- You can now Farm SRM with FRONT on SerumSwap (https://blog.frontierwallet.com/farm-srm-with-front-spl/)
4) DeFiDollar is have their Initial Liquidity Mining Offering (ILMO) related to their DeFiDollar ($DUSD)
5) @NotionalFin released their Beta on Oct. 26th, 2020 brining fixed rate lending and borrowing to crypto:
You don't need to be a VC to have a morning crypto call.
Join us on YouTube weekday morning between 830ish-930ish for our crypto A.M. Research Call.
Crypto Cartography YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe-HvJnTz6qUkxrYvJXofFA