In this brief guide, we will cover all the settings that LBRY has and I will explain what each of them are so you fully understand. For some of the more in-depth ones, I will cover separately.
You can view the video at https://lbry.tv/@HowToLBRY:e/settings:5
- Language – You can change the language of the text used. It is new and not complete, but they are working on many languages.
- Account Password – Update your password if you’ve registered on LBRY.TV which I suggest you do to earn for yourself and help creators earn.
- Sync – Sync your balance and preferences across devices. You should always just have this on given you have multiple devices using LBRY.
- Download Directory – Set your download location if you choose to save anything other than paid content which is saved by default.
- Network And Data Settings – You can set your regularly viewed content to be downloaded and enabled saving hosting data to help improve the network. It’s useful for LBRY to include, but you don’t have to. Learn more here: https://lbry.com/faq/host-content
- Max Purchase Price – This is the max price you are limiting yourself from paying for paywall content. You can set it to no limit too.
- Purchase And Tip Confirmations – This is to decide if you want confirmation prompts before tipping and or purchasing content which I suggest you enable.
- Content Settings – Floating video player allows you to continue watching videos as you navigate the platform in a small player you can move around. The autoplay media files setting enables videos to continue after another similar to YouTube. This will be greatly improved when playlists are enabled. Hide reposts allows you to only see original content if you prefer. Lastly is mature content which will enable or disable any properly tagged mature content from showing up.
- Blocked Channels - Allows you to avoid seeing their comments and content
- Notifications – This lets you set up desktop notifications for a computer or mobile device depending on the view
- Share Usage And Diagnostic Data – You must allow the first one to receive rewards and the second is whether or not you are okay with third-party analytics platforms can access information. I personally have enabled it for sites like LBRYnomics to operate correctly.
- Appearance - Allows you to set the light or dark theme as well as a switch timed schedule.
- Wallet Security – Let’s you hide the wallet balance from the header if you want and the other option will be updated soon: https://lbry.com/faq/accounts-and-sync
- Experimental Transcoding – This is important for compressing and will be covered in its own tutorial
- Experimental Settings – Enable claim support is important for using supports and staking covered in another video “How To Use And Enable Supports.” The connections and server shouldn’t be messed with unless you know what you are doing. You can up your max connections if you have a very good connection and high bandwidth however for a better experience.
- Startup Preferences – Whether or not you want LBRY to stay on all the time existing in your system tray.
- Application Cache – Reset to fix problems. This is usually the simple fix for most issues.
I hope this helps you learn the inner workings of LBRY and give you the tools, tips, and tricks you need to succeed in your ventures here. Please comment on any video or on the channel any topics you’d like to see that isn’t listed or anything you need help with!
And if you’d like to follow along on LBRY check out https://lbry.tv/@HowToLBRY:e