I've been tracking Brendan's growth numbers carefully, and have been happy to see astonishing growth in the last 12 months, representing an ~250% annualized growth rate.
Here are some stats with sources:
- 10/5/2018: 1.1M DAU (source)
- 4/30/2019: 1.85M DAU (source)
- 5/7/2019: 1.95M DAU (source)
- 7/3/2019: 2.2M DAU (source)
- 10/1/2019: "heading to 3M" DAU* (source)
- * Obviously, "heading to" implies less than 3M, but let's assume 3M for the sake of simple math
Here it is plotted on a graph:
In term of annualized growth, this is easy to calculate with the XIRR function. Calculating this gives us the following:
Calculated from the first known DAU #:
However, there's been a growth acceleration lately, which is clearly visible on the graph above. Comparing the two most recent DAU #s gives us:
250% annualized growth is nothing short of incredible. This is also supported by this tweet from Brendan, referencing 10+% monthly growth.
Thanks for reading! If you haven't already, consider supporting this blog by downloading the Brave browser using this referral link.