Collider Coin Main Chain First Major Upgrade Has Completed!
Here you'll find basic instructions for running your own Collider Coin Wallet and Mining Collider Coins via Proof-of-Work.
It is also possible to mine Collider Coins by playing and confirming the games released by https://cryptocollider.com
While only fairly basic instructions and tools are mostly command line at this time, most experienced users will be familiar with the setup and this document will be updated as more options and GUI tools are developed.
Full details of the Chain dynamics & purpose can be found at https://www.publish0x.com/crypto-collider/collider-coin-komodo-migration-xxwoqmm and https://cryptocollider.com/#8 respectively.
Changes made to the chain during this update
- Adaptive Proof Of Work, aPoW, a core komodo technology used to stablise block production on smaller chains and provide resilience from the problem known as 'difficulty stranding' has been enabled
- The miner block reward for the current and final 'era' of the chain has been increased from .25 CLC per block to .5 CLC per block, this is also true for the 'player mining reward' which is the block reward allocated for distribution to players who confirm (watch to completion) the game released by Crypto Collider.
- The initial production of CLC from the genesis block of the new chain has remained by 99,000,000 - which means the coins produced for the players mining reward for the previous chain (although not yet distributed) have been burnt. This brings down the total supply by roughly 1% while affecting no miner or user's balances and allowing space for the new larger block reward for miners and players.
How to run a node and CPU mine using Komodo Daemon
- Install Komodo Daemon / Smart Chain Software
The simple way is to use prebuilt binaries available from https://github.com/KomodoPlatform/komodo/releases - find the file for your operating system, download and unzip into a new directory.
You can also build from source using instructions at https://docs.komodoplatform.com/basic-docs/smart-chains/smart-chain-setup/installing-from-source.html
- ** If updating an existing installation remember to move/rename the .komodo/CLC directory before launching the new chain **
- Load into newly created Komodo directory (where komodod is located) and run the following command
This will begin the Collider Coin chain and it should start syncing with the network
./komodod -ac_name=CLC -ac_supply=99000000 -ac_reward=50000000 -ac_perc=100000000 -ac_founders=1 -ac_cc=45 -ac_public=1 -ac_snapshot=1440 -ac_pubkey=02df9bda7bfe2bcaa938b29a399fb0ba58cfb6cc3ddc0001062a600f60a8237ad9 -addnode=node.cryptocollider.com -ac_adaptivepow=6 &
- Ensure port 29031 is open to incoming traffic
- You may now use all the startard bitcoin-cli and rpc commands using the start chain prefix including for example
./komodo-cli -ac_name=CLC getinfo ./komodo-cli -ac_name=CLC getnewaddress
The command to start mining using all available cores is
./komodo-cli -ac_name=CLC setgenerate true $(nproc)
That's it you're mining Collider Coin via POW using Komodo's Daemon!
Existing Wallet Holders
The chain upgrade included a snapshot and airdrop of all existing balances. The snapshot was taken at block height 498476 and everyone should have their same balance at this height once re-importing their private keys (or starting the deamon with their existing wallet.dat copied over from the previous CLC directory)
** All users of the previous chain please rename your 'CLC' directory within the '/userHome/.komodo' directory to ensure you are no longer loading previous block data (only the wallet.dat may be copied over) **
GPU & Pool Mining
- While CPU mining is possible in the early stages, GPU & Pool mining will be likely required shortly after release of this document
- Mining pools may also become available although the new chain settings are designed to help alleviate issues with inconsistent hash rates from existing pools
- Experienced users may GPU Solo or Pool Mine using the following miners (or any other that supports EquiHash)
Thanks for your support, let us know if you have any questions or troubles in Discord at https://discord.gg/ZMK9CrN and Good Luck!