BANANO is a next-generation cryptocurrency with ultrafast and feeless transactions. BANANO has ongoing 100% free and fair distribution in line with gamification and crypto education since 2018, is used heavily within the BANANO ecosystem, and is traded on more and more exchanges. Using BANANO is intuitive and easy.
To provide orientation and guidance within the rapidly growing BANANO ecosystem for all the newly joining BANANO community members in particular, we created the BANANO Ecosystem Spotlight series: Somewhat regular articles, each focusing briefly on one specific aspect of the BANANO ecosphere or community, such as a social media platform or third party product we use, an official BANANO wallet or faucet, a community project, a third party platform, a community member, … whatever is relevant or of interest. If you want to read about something in particular, leave a suggestion in the comments!
BANANO Ecosystem Spotlight #2: Kalium, BANANO’s Mobile Wallet
Kalium — BANANO’s mobile wallet — is not only super popular but definitely one of the smoothest, slickest and fastest wallets in the whole cryptocurrency space. If you haven’t yet, you should try it out today!
The first beta version of Kalium was already released back in August 2018 by Yekta and bbedward from the BANANO core team. Since then, they have updated Kalium several times already, both for Android and iOS. Shortly after releasing Kalium, they also released Natrium, a very popular fork of Kalium for the cryptocurrency Nano.
For example, here’s a list of improvements just from the last update to version 2.1.3/2.1.4:
- Faster cryptography using C — new flutter_nano_ffi plugin increases performance of cryptography algorithms on all devices (faster multi-account, transactions). Flutter Nano FFI.
- Rewritten networking layer — more reliability when creating transactions particularly on less stable internet connections.
- Improved paper wallet loader — rewritten to be more reliable and fix some bugs.
- Flutter 1.17 — We’ve updated our build to Flutter 1.17, see the release announcement.
- QR Scanner Improvements and shortcut — Reliability has been improved on some Android devices, improved auto-focus. Swipe up on send button to scan.
- Face auth support for Android (on supported devices, e.g. Pixel 4).
- General Fixes & Improvements — Dependencies have been updated, some screens have been re-worked.
- GitHub Actions — Behind the scenes we’ve migrated our CI/CD workflow from Gitlab to GitHub Actions.
- Updated translations.
Current main feature list (full list/documentation at Github):
- Send/Receive BANANO securely
- Mnemonic phrases
- View complete transaction history
- View transaction details on creeper
- Export monkeyQR and address as a PNG image for sharing
- Full monKey integration
- Fully featured contacts/address book
- Change your representative
- Biometric support (FaceID+TouchID)
- QR scanning
- Deep link/URI support
- Paper wallet loader
- Push notifications
- 30+ currency conversions, 20+ languages
One of Kalium’s main distinctions however is surely the function to claim paper wallets or gift cards from Kalium directly in-app. You basically just scan the seed as QR code and sweep the existing balance on this address into your wallet. Within seconds. To our knowledge this is an unprecedented way to easily transfer a cryptocurrency through a QR code, within seconds, in a mobile wallet.
Download now: Kalium Website
Previous BANANO Ecosystem Spotlight articles
This BANANO Ecosystem Spotlight article summarizes basic and most relevant information about one specific topic according to the author’s knowledge in a concise way. Any mention of a specific third party platform, product, service or website does not imply endorsement by the BANANO team. All information is provided to the author’s best knowledge at the time of writing, will likely not be updated and thus might be outdated when this article is read in the future. This article was written by bantano.
What the Fork is BANANO?
For those of you who don’t know BANANO yet, it’s obviously perfect to just read our animated, meme-rich and interactive Yellowpaper! BANANO is a cryptocurrency (forked from NANO in April 2018) powered by DAG technology — here to distrupt the meme economy. Yes, BANANO has memes! And also feeless and near-instant transactions, a highly active community, and active technical development! The BANANO community doesn’t take themselves too seriously, but we’re here for the long run and we enjoy what we do. On top of this, BANANO is super easy to use and puts an emphasis on free and fair distribution, gamification and crypto education.
Join the Banano Republic!
BANANO ($BAN) is a fee-less, instant, rich in potassium cryptocurrency powered by DAG technology disrupting the meme economy.