Thank you for taking the time to ready this before starting your adventure into Upland. There are a few VERY important steps that you should take before starting and I will outline them here. Upland can be played on your computer or mobile app. Now, I have been in this game for 9 months and have seen my Net Worth in-game skyrocket. I have made several mistakes along the way and the purpose of this post is to help you avoid some of those same mistakes. Before we begin, I would like to point out that this a play-to-earn game and although it is possible to begin without putting any money into the game, I would not suggest starting that way. Upland currently has a Fiat-Out option that is automatically available to all players once you reach Uplander status, which means a Net Worth of 10,000 UPX. UPX is the in-game currency which can be used to buy properties. You can purchase UPX in-game at a rate of roughly 1,000 UPX for $1.00. Here are a few steps you can take to have the quickest start in Upland:
1) Your priority should be to "Mint" properties as opposed to buying them on the secondary market. You can mint properties that are within the vicinity of your block explorer (the discoverable range). Mintable properties will show up with a light green color, not dark green, dark green properties are for sale by other players. Minting properties is the cheapest way that you can acquire properties.
2) Look for "FSA". FSA stands for Fair Start Agreement. These properties are reserved for new player, those under 100,000 UPX Net Value. These properties are not better or worse, but simply available for new players. Be warned, however because you can only sell 2 FSA properties per week. So if you load up on these, it may take some time to unload them.
3) Collection properties are also important to target. Collections can include neighborhoods, streets, or designated categories like Jazz Venues, Haunted Houses or Murals as determined by the Upland Team. It's best to target these during city releases as they always sell out right away. During a standard release, collections will be announced prior to the release so you will know where to go and you can decide which collections you want to target. There will not be enough time to get them all, so you have to prioritize what you want. The other type of release is called Vanilla Mode, in which collections are NOT made public prior to the release. In this instance, it is up to you to research the city and make predictions on what might be a collection and then try to mint as many of your predictions as possible. Hopefully you can get a few of them right.
4) Join Discord. Discord is a social app that is essential to this game. It is a place where you can get all of your questions answered and receive important announcements and updates from the Upland Team. It is a must-have.
5) Take advantage of the UPX Bonus. When you use a link to signup for the game, you will receive a 50% bonus on your first in-game purchase. My recommendation is to purchase $50 worth of UPX. You will receive 75,000 UPX by using the link. I suggest this amount because any more would put you over the 100,000 UPX threshold and prevent you from being able to buy "FSA" properties. Click HERE to sign-up and take advantage of the UPX bonus. You will NOT be eligible for this bonus if you sign-up first and then try to claim it.
I will be posting more tips and tricks for Upland so stay tuned.