Disclaimer: I'm American, and own Bitcoin.
Though I live here, I hold no illusions about America.
- We're big, brash, and, en masse, fairly idiotic.
- We think we're the best in the world at everything, though there's plenty of evidence to the contrary in nearly every area.
- For some reason we have an impact on everyone else because people just think we should.
- America is behind the rest of some of the rest of the world in many areas (healthcare, gun control, digital privacy), and is also ahead of other parts of the world (I'd say democracy is better than a dictatorship).
Bitcoin is similar in many curious ways.
- It's big, with the largest market cap of any cryptocurrency.
- It is (for crypto) slow-moving, with very high standards for code implementation.
- Almost all other cryptocurrencies are tied to its price.
- It's not private, but at least it's a cryptocurrency.
I'm not anti-Bitcoin, but I think it gets more buzz than its worth when compared to other, more progressive cryptocurrencies.
I'm not anti-America, but I think it gets more buzz than its worth when the rest of the world has so much more to offer.
Just a few random Sunday thoughts that kept me up last night.
If you're not using Brave yet, do it. Go to brave.tank.digital to download using my referral code.
If you ARE using Brave, go to go to Wikipedia and tip them some BAT. They deserve it.