TRON (TRX) is not just a cryptocurrency, it is an entire ecosystem whose initial goal is to decentralize the Internet. TRON's founders created a decentralized blockchain platform that supports smart contracts and high capacity. Having over 65 million accounts and 2.6 billion transactions, it's the fastest-growing public chain.
Tron coin price now is $0.067.
TRON Coin Brief History
The TRON Foundation was launched by Justin Sun in 2017 in Singapore. According to TRON TRX news, the project raised $70 million during an ICO.
Thanks to an elaborate ecosystem and a well-made roadmap, TRON became one of the top cryptocurrencies in 2018. It allowed project developers to create their blockchain with a native protocol. The team also founded a loan program the same year.
While advancing, TRON was partnering with world-famous brands. According to TRX coin news, in November 2020, it started cooperating with Huawei to release a BitTorrent file-sharing app. It also partnered with 1inch, a decentralized blockchain aggregator, for integrating JustSwap and MoonSwap.
TRON Crypto Features
TRON was originally built on the Ethereum blockchain. The cryptocurrency didn't have its own blockchain until summer 2018. On June 25, 2018, there was a transition to its own blockchain, which allowed TRC20 tokens to be created, while ERC20 tokens were burned.
The key difference between TRON and ERC20 is the different consensus mechanisms. This cryptocurrency uses dPoS consensus, which allows TRX coin holders to participate in blockchain development.
TRON has a three-layer architecture including storage, core, and application layers.
Three types of tokens are used for different purposes:
- TRX is needed for trading between platform members. This coin can be exchanged for other cryptocurrencies or for fiat to withdraw later. TRX can also be used for crowdfunding.
- Tron Power is a coin that can only be received by freezing TRX. This coin does not participate in trading but allows its holders to participate in the selection of super representatives and vote for changes to the system.
- TRON 20 is held by network developers, allowing them to create blockchains with new tokens.
What Is Tron Coin Used For?
TRON tokens can be used for different purposes:
- Buy TRON merchandise. It's possible to buy branded products in WeChat stores.
- Get energy and capacity by freezing TRX.
- Change the platform with TRON Power that allows you to access voting rights.
- Take part in the Tronics Support Plan and get TRX rewards.
- Purchase virtual gifts with TRX on CallMe, the live broadcasting platform.
TRON offers its token holders to use wallets created by the community for TRX and other cryptocurrencies. It's possible to keep coins in mobile wallets, like TRONLink (also available as a Chrome browser extension), imToken, and TokenPocket.
For bigger sums, it's better to use hard wallets, ensuring token security and making it impossible to steal cryptocurrencies.
TRON Crypto Ecosystem
TRON is more than just a coin with a user-friendly wallet. It's an entire ecosystem, including:
- PoloniDEX, a decentralized trading platform.
- TRONSCAN, a blockchain explorer, provides access to broad on-chain information.
- User-friendly dApps available for Samsung Galaxy Store users.
- JustStable, a decentralized platform, providing access to DeFi.
- JustLend, a lending platform where the interest rates are determined by the supply and demand of tokens.
TRON TRX Price Prediction
With such a ramified ecosystem, a TRON coin gets more attractive for individual investors and other crypto-oriented companies, making its price increase. According to WalletInvestor, TRON will cost $0.295 in January 2025. PricePrediction experts have a more positive TRX coin price prediction, believing it will get over $0.34 by the same time.
Will Tron TRX Reach $1?
Based on current analyst forecasts, the value of the TRX coin will probably not reach $1 in the next decade.
Is TRON A Good Investment?
Overall, TRON is a promising project with ambitious ideas. With a lending platform, its own protocol, blockchain, and other distinctive features, this cryptocurrency can bring a profit to long-term investors and short-term traders.
Thinking about where to buy TRON, pay attention to StealthEX. This non-custodial exchange provides access to over 400 cryptocurrencies. You can buy tokens with a fixed or floating rate with no hidden fees and the need for providing much info for transactions.
Just go to StealthEX exchange and follow these easy steps:
- Choose the pair and the amount for your exchange. For example, ETH to TRX coin.
- Press the “Start exchange” button.
- Provide the recipient address to which the coins will be transferred.
- Move your cryptocurrency for the exchange.
- Receive your coins!
You are more than welcome to visit the StealthEX exchange and see how fast and convenient it is.
The views and opinions expressed here are solely those of the author. Every investment and trading move involves risk. You should conduct your own research when making a decision.