“I think that the crypto industry will have to take a more focused approach, shifting from hype cycles toward building real utility.”
Rahul Advani — Ripple’s APAC Policy Director
What is SpaceXpanse Multiverse?
The metaverse of the future
It is next-gen trustless GameFi blockchain platform, designed for rapid creation of metaverses, immersive user experience, and easy development of complex decentralized applications.
What do we want to achieve?
To put the technology to real work at last
By putting the crypto technology back on track, we are making a self-sustaining virtual environment, which we called SpaceXpanse Multiverse, where people can communicate, create, have fun, and which can be easily accessed by anyone from anywhere.
How we will make it happen?
With some help from the Open-source community
The whole project will be carefully structured and will gradually broaden the scope of its tasks in a span of four years to avoid any roadblocks on its path.
When Erik Wernquist’s “Wanderers” video surfaced for the first time more than 8 years ago, it was both mesmerizing and kind of frustrating to watch. Because only by using the director’s imagination and skills, one could travel through the vastness of our solar system and visit places that were otherwise out of reach.
But the time passed and some new technologies started to emerge: from Satoshi Nakamoto’s Bitcoin blockchain, which was already there, making some waves in the IT space, through the big boom afterwards with all the cryptocurrencies, adopting different approaches like Namecoin and Huntercoin, and last year’s NFT metaverse craze, to all the open source projects like Martin Schweiger’s magnificent piece of simulation software, known and unknown contributors to similar projects, and 2022’s “jewel in the crown”, the previously unthinkable Unreal Engine 5.1, which was not only beyond everything one could imagine but now open source.
And all of these projects have just made what was unreachable several years ago reachable now, within everyone’s grasp. Or, to be more precise, reachable soon.
So for us, being such science and gaming nerds as we are, it was inevitable in the last few years to start to connect the dots and slowly draw a blueprint of something that we now call “the metaverse of the future”.
The biggest problem with the metaverse currently is the lack of technology and infrastructure to support a seamless and cohesive virtual world experience. This includes issues with latency, privacy, interactivity, and the limited sensory experience offered to users. This and several other major concerns have to be addressed by “the metaverse of the future”:
Preventing impersonation and enforce code of conduct
The interactivity of the metaverse may allow a bad actor to carry out more convincing attacks through some advanced vector like social engineering or just by using someone’s avatar.
Preventing data theft and misuse
The metaverse will likely increase the potential scope and amount of personal data that some bad actors can collect. And this vast amount of data is a gold mine that some technology companies and marketers can potentially tap into.
Creating and transferring value
The metaverse will have its own form of virtual market, integrating different real and digital currencies to enable quick and simple trading. It will be crucial to have a transaction verification mechanism, regardless of the currency or market.
Preventing cybercrimes and subdue offenders
Immersive experiences, especially those supported by haptic technology that transfers the experience of touch from the virtual world to the user, raise questions about how to respect personal boundaries and how to anticipate circumstances where such incidents may occur.
Building viable economy
The challenge will be in creating a unified system that has to be used to authenticate the possessors of virtual assets in the metaverse, awarding and proving ownership rights for art, music, films, and much more.
Utilizing the devices used
To use virtual reality, we now need the latest technologies and expensive headsets, as well as strong and reliable connectivity. This can widen the gap between its potential users.
Enhancing the sensory fidelity
The metaverse will have to advance to a level that can provide smooth comprehension of presence and surroundings, accompanying visual fidelity with the ability to touch and feel.
Dealing with health and psychological issues
The metaverse is an evolution of the Internet we’re familiar with, but with much more interactivity. Simply watching something on a flat screen with the level of interactivity we have today is highly addictive in itself, and there’s no reason to doubt that this will extend into the metaverse.
The crafty toolbox
The main goal that we pursue is simple yet proved difficult: We want to turn the game around /pun intended/ and for people to start creating value while playing and not vice versa, using the so-called Play and Earn model. On the other hand, we want to use these cutting-edge technologies to provide a virtual “playground” for developers/researchers to test their ideas in an environment as close as possible to the real world.
The outcome of this desire will be an unstoppable, irreversible, serverless blockchain backed platform, in which everyone can develop any kind of application, using their favorite programming language in the process — one’s imagination is the only limit.
Decentralization, decentralization, decentralization. This mantra was repeated again and again through the past few months due to the whole Web 3.0 buzz, but it couldn’t be more true, and any really dependable metaverse platform has to jump on the bandwagon just to be able to catch up with the others and also because this is one of the most important single feature that any contemporary Web 3.0 platform must have. But decentralization and the blockchain technology behind it can’t be really usable without having at least some degree of privacy. So it has to be serverless, trustless, and dependable but also secure, redundant, and private when needed.
This is where the actual blockchain technology will come in hand, combined with features like ability to store some data and broadcast it amongst the nodes in the network, transferable trustless shortnames, which also allow send and receive cryptocurrency value instead of these long and messy address strings; creation, storage and transfer of fungible and non-fungible tokens to have some actual economy; decentralized DNS, serving top level domains like shortname.rod for example, completed with some kind of peer-to-peer data storage nodes to give capacity, redundancy and privacy of the data stored across the platform. This will be the actual backbone of the platform, or, if we have to use a more technical term — the backend of the “metaverse of the future“.
To be honest, all these before-mentioned features can’t have much practical value for the masses without any actually usable technology that can implement them into a self-sustained virtual environment where everyone who’s using it can easily communicate, develop, and relax if one wants, and that can be accessed from everywhere through various devices. And this is where the other parts of the “metaverse of the future“ come into play, making it complete.
The actual face of it, or, if we have to use the technical term, the frontend, has to be some kind of simulator where all developed functionalities can be visualized and tested and which can be easily configured and maintained. The best case scenario should be when this simulator can not only represent reality to some extent but also effortlessly add different objects to it like planets, satellites, buildings, and vehicles; have some laws of physics like gravity implemented; and also be as vast as one’s imagination.
And all this has to be accompanied by the possibility of developing decentralized applications that can communicate from within all currently active platforms’ metaverses and between each other, by using a programming language of their choice. Like a platform-wide social network, using the decentralized data storage to save any private information of the users. Or a platform-wide DAO where everyone can publish a project, idea, or something else and have it backed up if enough users find it worthy. The possibilities are obviously endless.
And the place where all these can simultaneously and effortlessly work together to achieve an exceptional user experience we now call SpaceXpanse Multiverse.
What are the main use cases of SpaceXpanse Multiverse?
But first, to quickly define what SpaceXpanse Multiverse is, think of a three-dimensional Internet, in which the different metaverses /realities/ are like websites on the regular Internet. And the decentralized applications are like different pages on these websites, showing different information.
All of them are built using the same key principles but with different technologies and can be used for different things.
SpaceXpanse Multiverse is developed to be:
- Persistent — means it exists regardless of the user’s physical presence.
- Infinite — supports almost unlimited users and realities, at the same time.
- Self-sustaining — means that users can earn within a metaverse and pay for others’ services.
- Interconnected — users can own, move and trade their virtual items, like avatars, from one metaverse project to another, following predefined rules.
- Real-time — allows users to relish life-like experiences.
And by providing SpaceXpanse Multiverse platform to develop implementations for different use cases, many benefits for its potential users can be gained.
How everybody can benefit from participation in it:
Residents aka Wanderers
- They can benefit from its entertainment opportunities by having access to a wide range of immersive and interactive virtual experiences. They can participate in virtual games, attend virtual events and concerts, watch virtual movies and shows, and interact with others in virtual social spaces. The platform offers endless entertainment opportunities and a new form of escapism for residents.
- They can benefit from its social life opportunities by participating in new and diverse social experiences, connecting with others from around the world, building relationships and communities, and experiencing immersive and interactive social environments that are not possible in the physical world.
- They can benefit from its work opportunities by accessing new and flexible forms of employment, such as remote work, virtual freelancing, and the ability to collaborate and network with a global audience.
- They can benefit from its study opportunities by accessing virtual educational resources and tools, connecting with other students and teachers from around the world, and gaining access to unique and immersive learning experiences that are not available in the physical world.
- They can benefit from its shopping opportunities by having access to virtual stores and marketplaces where they can purchase virtual goods, clothing, accessories, and other items, allowing for a convenient and immersive shopping experience.
- They can benefit from its tourism opportunities by participating in virtual experiences, exploring virtual environments, visiting virtual destinations, and experiencing immersive and interactive tourist experiences that are not possible in the physical world.
- They can benefit from its healthcare opportunities by accessing virtual healthcare services, connecting with healthcare professionals, and participating in innovative and immersive health and wellness experiences.
- They can benefit from its privacy opportunities by having greater control over their personal data and information, allowing them to keep their information secure and protected in a virtual environment.
- They can benefit from its legal opportunities by being able to participate in commerce, own assets, and have the ability to enforce contracts. The legal framework in the SpaceXpanse Multiverse can help provide protection for their assets and ensure that transactions are secure and transparent. This can lead to greater trust and confidence in the virtual environment, promoting growth and development in the SpaceXpanse Multiverse.
- They can benefit from investment opportunities by being able to invest in virtual assets such as virtual real estate, virtual goods, and virtual currency, as well as participate in virtual experiences and events, which can provide potential returns and profits in a growing and evolving virtual economy.
And there are some other vital use cases for:
- They can benefit from the ability to participate in immersive, interactive and lucrative virtual gaming experiences with other players, providing a new level of monetization, social interaction and gaming engagement.
- They can benefit from it by creating and selling new and innovative virtual experiences, games, and applications within the virtual environment. The platform provides a new and growing platform for developers to showcase their skills, reach new audiences, and monetize their work.
- Additionally, the platform allows developers to explore new technologies and development methods, leading to new opportunities for growth and innovation.
- They can benefit from it by having access to a new and expansive platform for creating and sharing their work with a large and diverse audience.
- They can leverage the immersive and interactive nature of the platform to create new and innovative forms of content and experiences, leading to increased exposure and recognition for their work.
- Additionally, creators can monetize their creations by selling virtual products or charging for access to virtual experiences, creating new revenue streams for their work.
- The platform offers a new and exciting place for creators to showcase their talent and reach a wider audience.
- They can benefit from it by having access to a new platform for conducting virtual experiments and simulations.
- They can leverage the immersive and interactive nature of the platform to create virtual environments that replicate real-world conditions, allowing them to test and refine their theories and models in a controlled and low-risk way.
- Additionally, scientists can collaborate with others in the SpaceXpanse Multiverse to share resources and expertise, helping to advance their research and accelerate scientific discovery.
- The platform provides scientists with a new and exciting place for conducting research and advancing scientific knowledge.
- They can benefit from it by having access to a new and growing market for virtual investments and assets.
- They can invest in virtual real estate, virtual companies, and virtual products, providing new opportunities for diversifying their portfolios and earning returns.
- Additionally, investors can take advantage of the growth and development of the platform, investing in companies that are driving innovation and growth in this virtual environment.
- The platform provides investors with a new and exciting place for investing and growing their wealth.
- They can benefit from it by having access to a new and expansive platform for realizing their ideas and visions.
- They can leverage the immersive and interactive nature of the platform to bring their vision to life, providing new and innovative experiences for others to enjoy.
- The platform provides visionaries with a new and exciting place for realizing their ideas and shaping the future.
Monetization of the benefits
A lot of people have shown interest in the SpaceXpanse Multiverse so far. Some are development enthusiasts looking to use the platform to build their specific projects, and others are looking for opportunities to generate income. Fortunately, the SpaceXpanse Multiverse platform has the potential to meet these demands.
Due to the open-source nature of the platform, anyone will be able to build a relevant project on top of it. Similarly, anyone may join the platform as a common user to sell their skills, develop and exchange digital art and commodities, and do a variety of other things to generate value.
The road ahead
With all these mischievous events that happened just in the last year, dragging more and more entities from the crypto space into oblivion, it is becoming more and more evident that only ideas and projects that effectively utilize Web 3.0 technologies will succeed and endure in the long term.
The SpaceXpanse Multiverse platform, being a prime example of such a technology, presents a unique opportunity for visionaries and innovators to bring their ideas to life. By leveraging the immersive and interactive nature of the SpaceXpanse Multiverse, these individuals can create and share new and innovative experiences that have the potential to change the future. Whether they are artists, entrepreneurs, or simply individuals with a bold vision, the SpaceXpanse Multiverse provides a platform for turning their ideas into reality and shaping the future.
That’s exactly where we’re heading.
Imagine a time and place where everyone with some development skills can create a whole metaverse for themselves. Or for one’s brand. Or some company’s project. Or just create a whole metaverse for Star Trek’s fans. And it can be filled with whatever one wants — friends, planets, space stations, ships, islands, castles, vehicles, etc. And it’s possible to jump from one’s to other people’s metaverses with the ease of just taking a step or opening a door. This will be the multiverse of the future. Stop imagining it. It is almost here and now. The future now.
By putting the crypto technology back on track, we are making a next-generation trustless blockchain platform, designed for rapid creation of metaverses, immersive user experience and easy development of complex decentralized applications, which we called SpaceXpanse Multiverse, where people can communicate, create, have fun, and which can be easily accessed by anyone from anywhere.
This is the next big thing with huge potential in the Web3 field. It’s a next-gen trustless GameFi blockchain platform, designed for rapid creation of metaverses, immersive user experience and easy development of complex decentralized applications.
- SpaceXpanse Multiverse manifesto and whitepaper
- SpaceXpanse Multiverse roadmap