The Uniswap exchange had introduced a new feature called Token Lists to help combat fake tokens that are being listed on its platform, the team announced on August 26.
- The initial Token List launch includes an ERC-20 list standard, a home page and list browser, and a community forum
- The team noted the growth of Ethereum and ERC-20 tokens, but said that it has come with the challenge of filtering out high quality tokens from scams, duplicates and fakes
- To help streamline the process of finding legitimate and high quality tokens, the team has built Token Lists, a new standard for creating lists of ERC-20 tokens
- The team is compiling the list standard using several sources, including CoinMarketCap, CoinGecko, Compound (COMP), Aave (LEND), Synthetix (SNX) and 1inch
- Use cases include filtering, implementing trust scores and scam prevention, among other things