Browser extension MetaMask has crossed 1 million monthly active users, according to a blog post published by the team on October 2, growing over 400% in approximately 18 months.
- MetaMask has crossed 1 million monthly active users across its desktop and mobile applications, the team said
- In May 2019, Metamask’s userbase was 264,000; the user base has roughly quadrupled since then
- The countries with the largest user bases are the United States, India, Nigeria and the Philippines
- The DeFi market craze, which has seen an influx of over $8 billion in just 3 months, has been a large contributor to the growth of MetaMask
- MetaMask is one of the most common interfaces for users to interact with the several liquidity mining protocols in DeFi