The Maker Foundation will not compensate Vault owners, who suffered losses as a result of the Black Thursday market crash, after a governance poll concerning the same concluded on September 22.
- The poll, which began on September 8, saw over 57,000 votes allocated towards 0% compensation for the crash
- A total of 87,899.67 MKR was allocated towards the proposal, with 38 unique voters in total
- Other individuals believed that 18% or 15% compensation would be justified
- A rapid price crash on March 12 - known as “Black Thursday” - saw many vault owners liquidated after Maker couldn’t update the ETH-USD price fast enough; ETH dropped to $88, with the liquidation price being $100
- This triggered auctions, which some won by making bids of 0 DAI
- Maker also faces a lawsuit concerning the incident, with reparations of $28 million sought