- The Harvest Finance team tweeted that they had increased the bounty to $1 million, having established the attacker’s method of attack and platforms used
- Only on October 27, the team had said that they had identifying information on the hacker, though none of the information provided has any genuine personally identifiable information
- The increased bounty suggests that they are still unaware of the hacker’s identity, though the team has initially said that the individual is “well known” to the crypto community
- The hacker used the obfuscation tool Tornado Cash after having swapped the stolen funds for renBTC
- The hack was described as an economic arbitrage attack that involved the manipulation of stablecoin prices on Curve before it was transferred to Harvest
Harvest Finance Bumps Up Bounty on Hacker to $1M
How do you rate this article?
Send a $0.01 microtip in crypto to the author, and earn yourself as you read!% to author / 80% to me.
We pay the tips from our rewards pool.