The most recent testnet for Ethereum 2.0, Zinken, launched successfully on October 12, as reported by Decrypt, which spoke to the Ethereum development team. The Ethereum Foundation live streamed the testnet launch.
- Ethereum developer Danny Ryan told Decrypt that the Zinken testnet had launched with no hiccups
- Ryan said that “client teams are finishing audits and making final preparations for a mainnet launch”
- This is the last testnet before ETH 2.0 goes live, and tests ETH 2.0’s genesis
- Zinken has been far more successful than the previous testnet launch, Spadina, which saw a low participation rate
- Phase 0 of ETH 2.0 is expected to be released in November, with Phase 1 and 2 to follow in 2021 and beyond
- Ethereum development company Prysmatic Labs has also launched a web interface for its Prysm Eth2 client