Decentralized exchange (DEX) dYdX has partnered with layer-2 scaling solution project StarkWare, according to an announcement that was made on August 18. The collaboration will focus on bringing a layer-2 scaling solution to perpetual smart contracts.
- Implementation of solution will result in reduced gas and trading fees, smaller minimum trade sizes, more trading pairs, and instant trade settlement, among other things
- StarkWare integration combines STARK proofs for data integrity with on-chain data availability, meaning that it is fully non-custodial
- The integration is expected to be complete by the end of 2020
- StarkWare uses zero-knowledge proofs to solve scalability and privacy issues
- dYdX reaches $1 billion in loans