Market data aggregator CoinGecko and Band Protocol (BAND) have partnered to provide more accurate and reliable price feeds to users, according to a blog post published on Jan. 7.
- CoinGecko will use Band Protocol’s Band Standard Dataset to provide better price feeds for 6,000 assets across 400 exchanges
- The Band Standard Dataset is a frequently updated set of customizable price feeds that can be readily integrated with DeFi protocols
- The post also reveals that CoinGecko will play an important role in the testing of BandChain Phase 2, which aims to help enterprise data providers monetize their solutions
- The Band Standard Dataset is used in a wide range of protocols, including Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain, ICON and Waves, via DeFi projects that have integrated it
- Band Protocol is an oracle provider, an alternative to Chainlink (LINK), and has secured multiple partnerships to increase its presence on the market
- The project had also partnered with CoinMarketCap to launch and educational program, and Acala, to release an open oracle gateway to facilitate diverse price feed interaction