According to an announcement made on Dec. 1, Codefi has integrated RenVM into its DeFi bridge, which connects assets to the Ethereum mainnet.
- The DeFi Bridge is a permissionless bridge for assets, to bring them onto Ethereum (ETH); Filecoin (FIL) is the first supported asset
- Users will be able to migrate FIL onto ETH as renFIL, so that it can be used in DeFi applications
- This will create liquidity for lending and borrowing FIL on various DeFi markets
- Codefi is a development unit of ConsenSys; it first announced collaboration with Ren in Oct. 2020
- The team has stated that more assets will be supported in the future
- Filecoin has grown to 1 exabyte in storage capacity, only a month after its mainnet launch on Oct. 15, 2020