Smart contract platform CasperLabs announced on October 21 that it had raised $14 million in a private sale.
- The $14 million private sale was led by crypto fund Digital Strategies, with other investors including HashKey Capital, RockTree Capital, Sora Capital, Wavemaker and Gate.io
- The team will launch the Casper Delta testnet this month, with the mainnet launch expected in Q1 2021; the token’s public sale will accompany the mainnet launch
- CasperLabs is developing a proof-of-stake protocol designed for developers and enterprise use cases
- The developer-friendly platform allows developers to write smart contracts in any programming language, which is then compiled into WebAssembly; Additionally, developers can use existing IDEs like Visual Studio
- CasperLabs is also backed by Arrington XRP Capital and Draper Goren Holm