- Aave will also add a proposal to add RealT Markets to the protocol, which will allow RealT tokens to be used as collateral to borrow stablecoins
- By allowing RealT to act as collateral, users can use the generated stablecoins to pay the mortgage, i.e. it can functions as loans that partially repay themselves
- RealT is a real estate tokenization project that launched in 2019, and has tokenized multiple properties already
- Aave co-founder Stani Kulechov first announced the team’s intentions to tokenize mortgages on August 17
- Real estate tokenization is a popular use case; the Telos project recently announced that it had tokenized $35 million worth of real estate in Croatia
Aave's Bid to Tokenize Mortgages Moves Forward with RealT Collaboration
How do you rate this article?
Send a $0.01 microtip in crypto to the author, and earn yourself as you read!% to author / 80% to me.
We pay the tips from our rewards pool.