Welcome to the monthly review of my token portfolio, it's already the 12th post where I provide an update of the interests received, the services used and the transactions performed during the month. This post tracks what happened in January.
Crypto interests received in January
I received $3193 of interest (including crypto interest, browsing interest, Publish0x payments, and any kind of promo code or referee bonus) from the following sources in June:
- 249.34 CEL from Celsius Network as interest on my BTC, ETH, CEL, DASH, LINK, SNX, 0x, UNI, DAI and USDC tokens.
- 2.75 BOR from BoringDAO as reward for staking oBTC, WETH and USDC
- 20 USDC from Celsius Network as reward on one of my previous deposit
- 0.00065 BTC from Celsius Network as reward on one of my previous deposit
- 0.93 SUSHI from Sushiswap as staking reward for my SUSHI tokens.
- 0.28 FARM from Harvest Finance as staking reward for my FARM tokens.
- 0.39 BOND from Barnbridge as reward on my participation to the USDC/DAI/sUSD pool.
- 8.07 CHSB from SwissBorg as interest on the new Smart Yield account they added last week for CHSB tokens.
- 2.83 BAT from Brave from ads.
The following diagram depicts the evolution of the received monthly crypto interests with current crypto prices since I started tracking them.
Transactions realized in January
- Mid month, I converted about 23 WETH I had on BoringDAO into oBTC and stacked them there for around 35% APY in BOR tokens. I did that to increase the allocation to BTC while ETH reached an all-time-high.
- End of the month, I sold my remaining BOND tokens, all my BOR tokens and around 2400 CEL for USDC to try to keep my allocation on stable coins to 20% of the portfolio. I moved my stable coins from BoringDAO and the new ones to Curve to get better yield (around 50% APY).
- I also moved around $52K of ETH from Celsius Network to Curve ETH/stETH liquidity pool yielding around 35% APY while keeping the exposure to ETH.
Evolution of the portfolio value in January
- The portfolio gained around $80K in January which is +26%. This is once again very high and is mainly coming from ETH (+87% in January) and CHSB (+128%). BTC increased but a bit less than the portfolio (+13%) and CEL was a bit a disappointment with -13%.
- The volatility was very high: portfolio started the month at around $308K, then reached almost $400K in the first week of the month, then lost almost all the performance to finally finish the month at $388K.
- I'm happy with my last month choice to try to keep a constant 20% allocation to stable coins. I think it helped decreasing the volatility while increasing the interest income. I'll also keep an eye on the sum of Celsius + Swissborg, I think it could make sense to keep them both in the 30% range as they are fairly risky with poor liquidity.
Regarding the evolution of the portfolio value vs the capital invested, the portfolio value increased its performance against the value invested plus the interest. Note that the blue line in the following diagram uses current token price to evaluate the amount of interest received in the past.
Things to look forward to in February
For February, I'm looking forward to the evolution of the yields on BoringDAO for BTC and Curve for stable coins and ETH. I'll also check the introduction of additional coins on the Smart Yield accounts of SwissBorg.