Good morning my friends, and a happy week , let’s create my favorite side dish for today
• 1 kg of zucchini
• 2 moderately grated onions
• 2 cloves of grated garlic
• Or a bunch of chopped parsley
• 2 - 3 fresh chopped mint leaves
• 1 large grated and squeezed carrot
• 1 beaten egg
• 100 g feta cheese
• 80 g grated kefalotyri
• 1 tsp. sweet baking powder
• 1 tsp. sweet salt (depending on the feta)
• salt - freshly ground pepper
• 7 tablespoons. self-raising soup (approximately)
• olive oil for frying
• breading flour
After washing the zucchini, grate them on a coarse grater and squeeze them well by hand twice, to remove their liquids.
Put them in a bowl and add the onion, garlic, mint, parsley, carrot, egg, kefalotyri, baking powder and feta, plenty of pepper and salt, (depending on how salty the feta is) .
Mix it very well with a spoon and little by little add the flour until you have a mixture that can be molded.
With a spoon we take a mixture and shape it with our hands into meatballs, the size of walnuts.
Flour them and fry them in plenty of olive oil, over medium to high heat. Fry until golden brown on each side.
Leave them on absorbent paper to drain and serve them hot or cold.
- When we prepare the mixture, we have to fry them immediately, because otherwise the zucchini will get liquid.
- If, until we finish frying, our mixture becomes watery and we can not shape it, we try to strain it as we hold it with the spoon.
- If it sticks to our hands, we make sure to wash them constantly.
Stay safe and healthy my friends and take care of your people
My best wishes from Greece