* 300 g strained yogurt
* 1 cucumber
* 1/3 clove(s) of garlic
* 3 tablespoon(s) vinegar, of white wine
* 1/4 bunch dill, finely chopped (optional)
* 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
* 1 pinch salt
* souvlaki pita breads
* olive oil
* herbs, fresh
Watch the video in sign language here.
A very appetizing, savory sauce that is almost always served with kebabs or souvlaki. It can also be served with baked potatoes, any meats and is surprisingly refreshing as a dip for vegetables!!
* Peel the cucumber and grate with a cheese grater, using the large blades.
* Put in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar. Toss and set aside to release its liquid.
* In the meantime, combine the yogurt, 1/3 of a garlic clove (minced), 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar and 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix until combined.
* Mix until it is combined and creamy.
* Squeeze the cucumber with your hands to release any remaining liquid. Discard the liquid and add the cucumber to the yogurt mixture.
* Stir into mixture. Add pepper and adjust salt according to taste.
* Add some finely chopped dill and your sauce is ready.
* Refrigerate until needed.
* Serve it with some carrots, peppers, cucumber and Greek pita bread!
Recipe by akis petretzikis