Following on the news from yesterday highlighting that over a million of hacked ledger user details are now being exposed publicly for free, and consequently new wave of scammers exploiting the leaked data. Ledger appears to be in for one of a sh*t storm in terms of public relations, most notably visible on social medias such as Twitter & Reddit.
- The new wave of scammers appears to be coming in full strength with the leaked data being in the spotlight, with most likely even amateurs jumping on the data leading to increased attempts of exploiting the victims with for example some of the latest reports of fear based scam attempts with one of the reddit post highlighting the following email
Hello (my name), I have recently became aware of your Cryptocurrency holdings, I also live in (my city) and I also know that you live at (my address).
I'm not afraid to invade your home, I don't want to make this any harder than it has to be.
I'm offering you $500 (shouldn't be much to you considering the recent pump) to leave you alone.
If not, I'm not afraid to show up when you least expect it and see how my wrench works against your face, or maybe even wait for you to leave your home and take your belongings whilst you're not there to call the police.
I'll be waiting for the money, and watching you until then.
- Many affected are taking to social medias to express their frustrations with Ledger, consequently leading to many of those who promoted Ledger through its affiliate programs taking a stance, with some being genuinely gutted to have recommended the wallets to their friends in the past having to know their details have now been leaked publicly and they're now left to live with some degree of fear over their future part of life.
- As a consequence many are taking down their Ledger affiliate campaigns entirely to avoid promoting a product which is going through its worst patch of time in terms of public relations.
- Some are taking on with their creativity on social medias to take fun of the ongoing Ledger sales, with one remaking the Christmas Pack with an extra tool which would presumably make the Ledger users a bit more secure going forward.
- Over million of Hacked Ledger user details are being further distributed for free
- Scam Alert: Ledger SMS
- Ledger phishing emails
- Beware of fake Uniswap applications
- Cybercrooks are ready to step up the game to steal millions this Christmas
- Elon Musk's tweet pumps Dogecoin over 15% in less than 10 minutes
- With Bitcoin breaching all the FIAT currencies All Time Highs, are there any barriers left ?
- Bitcoin rips through more and more FIAT barriers with not many left now
- Apple forces Brave to stop rewarding its iOS users with BAT tokens
- European Union edges closer to Blockchain adoption
- LBRY Credits surges settling with over 100% gain in a day
Ongoing crypto free earn campaigns:
- Earn up to $43 worth of BAND through Coinbase Learn & Earn
- Earn daily through publish0x by tipping & posting, lbry.tv by watching video & media content and presearch for a non intrusive search engine
- Honeygain & Theta Edge for passive gains through participating in content delivery networks
Other crypto gateways:
For industry standard secure hardware wallets consider using Trezor to keep your funds safe.
- Image: https://block-builders.net/ledger-hardware-wallets-customer-data-published-in-hacker-forum/