In fact, the term hides servers with a certain number of blocked coins. They are constantly online and sign blocks. The reward is rewarded in the coins of the network. Creating a masternode is an expensive process that is not accessible to every investor. Everyone who wants to set up a masternode must go through a kind of financial selection - to buy a large number of cryptocurrencies. The amount determined by the rules of the network is frozen on the wallet of the owner of the masternode.
It is worth noting that the freezing of a significant amount of funds in little-known cryptocurrencies can cause serious losses, primarily due to the volatility of the cryptocurrency market, and secondly, low liquidity when selling, that is, it can be traded on an exchange with a trading volume of $ 10 (at an acceptable price to you price).
Analyze information on bitcointalk and other cryptocurrency forums in order to know how the project is developing. Or you will be engaged not in investments, but in the game of roulette.
Since the rate of most cryptocurrencies can change by hundreds of percent during the year, it is almost impossible to calculate the future yield of the masternode in dollars. Investors can only focus on the current profit paid to the owners of the main nodes in various cryptocurrencies.
Regardless of the selected cryptocurrency, setting up a masternode is reduced to sequentially performing 3 steps:
Configuring software for the masternode to work on a remote server.
Buying a sufficient amount of cryptocurrency and sending it to your own wallet tied to a masternode.
Reliable requirements are placed on the reliability of masternodes: The server must be available 24/7, only insignificant periods of disconnection from the network are allowed (several hours a year). A node needs a dedicated IP address to operate. The speed of the Internet connection should be constant, without significant drawdowns.
Ensuring the fulfillment of these conditions in your home or apartment is quite difficult. The user will need to connect a dedicated IP, constantly keep ready a backup communication channel and provide uninterrupted power to the computer in case of a power outage. In practice, it is much simpler and cheaper to rent a virtual server (VPS) or use the services of specialized hosting services that offer their help in setting up a masternode.
The unpredictability of the cryptocurrency rate is the main danger in creating a masternode. A prolonged market downturn can significantly increase the payback period. The popularity of the currency also affects the profitability of the masternode: the more transactions go through the blockchain, the higher the reward for the owner of the node.
When choosing a masternode, you should pay attention to the following parameters:
1. How long a project is on the market - the more the better. Coins that were created less than a year ago should be treated with caution, however, they just provide the opportunity to receive super-profits.
2. Capitalization - the higher the better.
3. ROI - return on investment. This term defines the return on investment for a certain period of time. It is better to calculate it yourself, since monitoring services try to impress investors and calculate it for short periods of time, including one day, which does not make sense at all.
4. The dynamics of changes in the price of coins. The yield of a masternode may have little or no effect on the outcome of an investment if the price of a coin changes regularly and exhibits an unclear long-term trend. Be sure to analyze the behavior of the value of the coin over the past few months. It is desirable that it be stable and change in accordance with the behavior of Bitcoin. In addition, the changes should be smooth.
5. Developers Examine the team representatives and their past achievements. It is desirable that the developers already had some kind of worthwhile product. At a minimum, they should not be implicated in all kinds of scam schemes - this will partially exclude the possibility of manipulating coin prices or the banal disappearance of the project.
MNO is a masternode coin monitoring and stats service. MNO does not research or recommend any coin. Do your own research and invest at your own risk. ROI changes often and is not the most important factor. Please consider Dev Team - Community - PURPOSE/Platform - Liquidity - Wallet when making masternode purchases.
Masternodes.online uses the CoinGecko API and selected verified exchanges for ALL price, volume and marketcap numbers for validation. The only exceptions are ICOs and newly listed coins that have not yet been listed on CoinGecko or on verified exchanges.
2. ICO, IEO, STO
ICO, Initial coin offering - a form of attracting investments in the form of selling to investors a fixed number of new units of cryptocurrencies.
The primary exchange offer, IEO is a variant of ICOs managed directly by cryptocurrency exchanges.
In the ICO, investors buy tokens in order to benefit from an increase in the value of the asset, or to access the platform services. In STO, investors invest their money in order to receive dividends, an influx of finance or a voting right that is directly tied to a security.
Choosing a project for investment:
Field of activity
Project white paper
Social Networks (audience size, project activity)
Team (Developer Profiles)
Estimates of ICO project trackers
Difference from competitors
Token Economics (total issue, distribution)
Soft Cap and HC
Smart contract Github
Discounts on pre-sale
There are also platforms that are engaged in collective investment in ICOs, therefore you can invest a smaller amount.
Also track projects through ICO trackers:
In my opinion, it is also very important to keep track of which cryptocurrencies large investment funds are investing in, if you have detailed analytics, which coins most venture capitalists have invested and who are currently trading below the ICO price, write in the comments.
You can see the full range of investments in cryptocurrency here.