The Mecca of Crypto in The US Has Its Own Cryptocurrency Now

The Mecca of Crypto in The US Has Its Own Cryptocurrency Now


The future will be tokenized and the future is Bitcoin. How much of a sense does that statement have? Well, quite a lot, as I see all sort of institutions/companies, or online businesses that are tokenized and I see Bitcoin becoming a store of value.

It's probably true that Bitcoin can't scale enough to become a world currency and there are high chances very few would want to spend the digital gold on coffee and groceries, but that doesn't mean crypto and blockchain aren't an important integrant part of the future society we're gonna live in.

Steps forward are already taken into integrating cryptocurrencies in people's lives, more than we can imagine as Miami is Set to Launch Its Own Cryptocurrency, Reward Users in Bitcoin. That's huge news regarding the integration of blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies at the level of state institutions and it's no wonder that it comes from Miami.

Mayor Suarez is famous in the crypto world, as a crypto daddy, Miami being the city that hosted a two days Bitcoin conference, back in June. Suarez has even made public the invitation for the Chinese miners to relocate to Florida. He called Miami the “Bitcoin capital of the world”.

What's with MiamiCoin, Miami's Own Cryptocurrency?

“MiamiCoin can be mined or bought by individuals who want to support the Magic City and earn crypto yield from the Stacks protocol. MiamiCoin additionally benefits holders by allowing them to Stack and earn yield through the Stacks protocol. It’s like a Bitcoin and it's on the blockchain protocol, so whenever that coin is mined, a percentage of the coin by virtue of the programing goes to the City of Miami.”
source

CityCoins, the company turning MiamiCoin into reality "gives communities the power to improve their cities, while providing crypto rewards to individual contributors and city governments alike. Powered by Stacks, a protocol that enables smart contracts on the Bitcoin network. Anyone can compete to mine CityCoins by forwarding their STX tokens through the Stacks protocol. 30% of miners’ forwarded STX is directed into a wallet reserved for each city, and the remaining 70% can be stacked to yield STX and BTC".

Such projects further strengthen the foundation for a future digital society and a new type of ownership. The sense of property and ownership will change a lot in the decades to come and taxes will become obsolete imo. Companies like Uber, Binance, Food Panda, Travala and Amazon are early stages examples of what's to come.

My take is that at a point in the future owning governance tokens will spin the wheels of the world as part of a whole different governance system, no matter what wheels will be talking about. Such tokens being able to once again give the people a sort of governance power that was taken away from them centuries, if not millennials ago.

Being an active member of the community will totally change its meaning and Miami, the Mecca of crypto in the US, is already pointing towards how the future will look like. I don't know about you, but I sure wish I would have a mayor like Suarez for my town...

Thanks for attention,
Adrian

How do you rate this article?


62

1

acesontop
acesontop

I'm an amateur blogger, crypto holder, and a passionate fisherman for as long as I can remember. For more details please ask, it's free. You can find me on steemit.com: https://steemit.com/@acesontop and Hive: https://hive.blog/@acesontop/feed


https://www.publish0x.com/acesontop
https://www.publish0x.com/acesontop

Here you can find my thoughts and experience for everything that I am about to share on this blog.

Send a $0.01 microtip in crypto to the author, and earn yourself as you read!

20% to author / 80% to me.
We pay the tips from our rewards pool.