Enabling supports on LBRY is very important for you to be able to boost your channel and your content.
The great part about LBRY is that you can boost your content’s visibility without spending your LBC. Instead you are staking it in your channel or post for as long as you’d like and you can “unstake it” or abandon the claim to get it back into your wallet.
To enable supports:
- Go to settings
- Scroll to near the bottom when you find “Experimental Settings”
- Check the “Enable claim support” checkbox
- You are ready to go
As it explains, it adds a support button which you will see on channels and videos. You can not only support your own posts, but also other people’s. This way you can literally “support” your favorite creators or people who do not have a big following by temporarily boosting their content while keeping your wealth of LBC for yourself.
To use supports:
- Click on the support button displayed on either a channel or a post
- Enter the amount and hit and confirm
- You will see a “learn more” link below that you can also go to for more information
- Your support is now active and you can revoke it at any time by navigating to your wallet and revoking the support on it
This way you can either help others or get more visibility without having to spend anything!
I hope this helps you learn the inner workings of LBRY and give you the tools, tips, and tricks you need to succeed in your ventures here. Please comment on any video or on the channel any topics you’d like to see that aren’t listed or anything you need help with!