Sometimes I miss my good old days, I clearly remember November, 1996. A tough guy brought big boxes which I did not have any idea what they are about of. First, 14" CRT has been unboxed and then IBM keyboard and a mid-tower case. How I could know these'd lead me into another world ?
I can list the specifications, still in my memory.
- Intel 486 DX 4/100 Mhz processor
- 4 megs of Memory ( I smile when I type this )
- 850 megs of HDD ( Another smile please )
- I believe it was 512 K VGA card ( Hooray to Cirrus Logic-ISA card )
- ESS688 sound card ( I loved you ESS! )
- MSDOS 6.22 + Windows 3.11 ( My first love )
The day after, it was when I tried to practise my keyboard skills in QBasic, suddenly something happened and CRT died. It took 2 weeks to bring the new one to my room and I saw many recurrent deams for fifteen days!
Basically, my all days passed away by playing Doom II , Nascar, Commander Keen, Heretic, Falcon 4.0 , Fifa Soccer 96 -
23 years later, I'm asking only one question to myself.
Was it because I was young OR was it because of past is really good comparing to these days? No joy, no taste, no interest.