My Portfolio, How Awesome it is, and How I Automate it

My Portfolio, How Awesome it is, and How I Automate it

By michaelbadass | Future Fortified | 13 Feb 2020


First of all, shout out to Marius Kramer on Quora as this portfolio is loosely based on his 'picks' / analysis / opinion.

The rest of the basis is whether I believe in the coin. Which sounds lame admittedly, but trust me, that helps when your coin is doing badly!

Those who can count will notice it only features 6 coins. Most people suggest the minimum for a good portfolio is 5. I'd love to hold 12 coins but my funds split between 12 coins wouldn't add up to much capital per coin, so here we are...

6 Coins selected from 5'112

(amount of coins listed on Coin Market Cap as of 13 February 2020).

 

Auto Re-balancing 

Auto balancing is awesome, and it's great for (trying) to forget about your investment and carrying on with general life.
I have set my portfolio to re-balance every 12 hours. Sometimes it won't if the percentages have only changed by half a percent, but usually, something does shuffle around. I can always look up later what was done by reading a report on 3commas.

 

Allocation 

For the time being, my 6 coins are split equally, meaning they each make up 16.7% of my portfolio. It was more satisfying when I had 5 coins as it would be 20% each but, that's the OCD side of me.

351665157-600c4df16f7e87598ca1004e1bc9f21ab75cb23a0576f18d83e815be7dee6a53.png

351665157-a51a06ca8c15ce5534066e03b7e706073e0b69e2c80a958d373cc5577d477d95.png

 

Results

Part of the reason I've felt compelled to share this today is I've had the best days returns I can remember as well as a blindingly good month.

11.1% returns in 24 hours is why I got into crypto. And all this has happened while Bitcoin has been trading side-ways.

Hello? did anyone yell ALT SEASON?

 

 

351665157-0c6a1ee1e4eb617248396c0706862973c49dce2bf89d694277e255fd460dd2d8.png

 

My other reason for sharing is to sing the praises of the almighty 3commas as this platform allows me to auto-rebalance and does so with relative ease.

351665157-38b93dce19bfa493fe94854431dda451c4f9546b60069df659b14a5d09e3b5a0.png

Many may notice that I have split Ethereum equally. This is a current strategy, once the market becomes a little more 'hairy' which I believe it soon will I will increase my Ethereum holdings to atleast 35%, splitting the remaining 65% equally amongst the 5 remaining coins.  All this is made exceedingly simple with 3commas.

Another awesome feature of 3commas, for when the market turns very very sour is what I call...

THE KILL SWITCH
351665157-fc9de0edecdb85c7a9893dbd7e4f6b1ba2219a1c3e4f3faae924fc705f279298.png

3commas enables you to convert all your portfolio to BTC or USDT at the click of a button (for emergencies only I assume)

 

Thanks for reading and feel free to consume my other articles on daily passive crypto income, mobile mining and my daily crypto routine.

How do you rate this article?


5

0

michaelbadass
michaelbadass

I'm a badass in training. I make online shops and read science fiction.


Future Fortified
Future Fortified

All things of the future, fortified, distilled and easily digestible. Cryptocurrency, Video Game Design, AR & VR. And anything else I fancy ranting about. PEACE x

Send a $0.01 microtip in crypto to the author, and earn yourself as you read!

20% to author / 80% to me.
We pay the tips from our rewards pool.