This article was written to record the individual steps for setting up a ETH 2-Node. It contains ONLY the steps for setting the Node up and start a simple Validator and a beacon chain.
Step I - Download & install ETH2-deposit-cli
- RUN tar -xvzf eth2deposit-cli-v0.2.1-linux-amd64.tar.gz
- RUN ./deposit --num_validators 1 --chain medalla
- Save the key files (deposit-data-[timestamp].json) from /eth2.0-deposit-cli/validator_key
This piece of software is for generating your keys. This software is a pre-release version which has not yet been audited and therefore should not yet be trusted to generate keys with the intent of securing actual ETH.
Step II - Create Metamask/Portis/Formatic account
I prefer Metamask buts it´s your free choice
This is for receiving your coins to a wallet. You can also use this wallet to store other coins there. Make sure you selected the Goerli Test Network.
- mkdir prysm && cd prysm
- curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/prysmaticlabs/prysm/master/prysm.sh --output prysm.sh && chmod +x prysm.sh
- ./prysm.sh beacon-chain
Now the chain begin to sync the data from the blockchain.
- ./prysm.sh validator wallet-v2 create
- ./prysm.sh validator accounts-v2 import --keys-dir=/path/to/keys
Step VI - Start your beacon node and validator
- prysm.sh beacon-chain --p2p-max-peers=5
- prysm.sh validator --graffiti "your_graffiti"
I recommend to run the beacon chain with --p2p-max-peers=5 if you have a standard router at home because more p2p connections can cause a overload. Now you have your own test node for the ETH 2 test network Medalla. I hope my post helps you to set your own node up :)