The Algorand foundation and the team behind the Marshallese sovereign currency (SOV) are hosting a joint event featuring a Q&A session and deep-dive discussion about Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDC). The event is intended for those interested in the developments of CBDC initiatives around the world, and the general public is invited and encouraged to participate. This is a great way to keep up with the latest buzz surrounding CBDC and learn more about how the world’s very first sovereign digital currency came to be!
It is highly likely that the average person will be engaging with CBDC at some point in the near future — here are over 20 CBDC pilot programs already in development and, according to the Bank of International Settlements, 80% of central banks are seriously considering issuing some type of digital currency.. It is thus crucial for even the most casual of cryptocurrency enthusiasts to understand both the challenges and benefits of a centralized sovereign issuing digital cryptocurrency.. Please find the event details below.
Here are the Key speakers:
- Peter Dittus - Chief Economist, SFB Technologies, Marshall Islands Digital Currency Advisor
- Co-Pierre Georg - Economic Advisory Committee, Algorand Foundation
- David Markley - Director of Business Solutions, Algorand Foundation
- Pietro Grassano - Business Solutions Director - Europe, Algorand Foundation
The following topics will be covered:
- How the SOV became the world's first sovereign digital currency
- The benefits of employing CBDC
- Why blockchain is most effective for CBDC
- Acceleration of CBDC and what the future holds
- How you too can develop a clear path to adoption
Everyone is welcome to join the Webinar, and If you have questions feel free to ask them during the interview!
For more information click this link: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/5273854108710515471?source=twitter