Hey everyone. Two weeks ago I've put ~$7000 across various DeFi platforms depositing different types of assets.
See my first post here.
First, I'll paste in a screenshot from my sheet and then explain what's been going on.
This screenshot slightly differs from the original one from the first week.
- Fixed ROI calculations
- Total accumulated rewards in Week #2 include the amount from Week #1, and this pattern will continue
- For now, I only track ROI in USD, however, I noted down the amounts of tokens I started with. I will include a bigger summary re; token % gain in Week #4
- There are 4 factors that are the result of the ROI: 1) price appreciation 2) supply appreciation 3) lending/LP fees 4) extra tokens from incentive programs
- This experiment isn't made to show which platform is better/worse as I have chosen different asset types for each platform. It's obvious that these days token appreciation itself (ie. $LEND/Aave) will outperform stablecoin lending.
- Best ROI comes from AMPL, where most of the gain comes from daily rebases
- KyberDAO entered the negative ROI, simply due to a token price decrease. I still can't claim rewards from staking it.
- Happy to see $7000 turning into a bit over $10,000 - I don't think tho it will continue to grow at this pace from now on
Any other interesting data you'd like me to pull off from my sheet? Let me know.
You can track all my posts under $7kDeFiFarmer tag