Eighteen weeks ago, on July 14th, 2020 I've put ~$7000 across various DeFi platforms. Here's the first post if you've missed it.
On Week #18 of this experiment, I decided to produce another update.
Here is a quick reminder of what I have been tracking;
Here are the results on a token basis with the number of crypto-tokens returned (NOT $ Values).
- As expected, the total number of $DAI tokens in the Compound Finance protocol has remained relatively steady. This has resulted in around 0.137 claimable $COMP - around 0.01 COMP higher than 2 weeks ago.
- Ethereum has started to recover slowly against BTC over the past couple of weeks which has seen the token ROI increase from -12% two weeks ago to -8% today. It is still around 0.2 ETH less than the original amount I put into the pool. Additionally, the AMPL in the pool has increased further from the 148% we saw two weeks ago to 190% today. I now have over 600 additional AMPL in the pool from the 334 AMPL I deposited. On top of that, I can claim 560 AMPL from Beehive V2.
- On the Balancer WETH/JRT pool, I am still down a solid 75% on the initial 0.4 ETH I put in. The JRT balance has increased 14.8% but I am still down quite a bit here. There are 902 JRT that I can claim - up by 80 JRT I saw two weeks ago.
- The Ethereum in the Bancor pool has increased slightly, but I am still down 45% from the original 2.12 ETH I entered with. The BNT balance has also dropped slightly these past two weeks from 115% to today’s 91.86% value - leaving me with 614.50 BNT in the pool.
Now, let's take a look at the $ side of the experiment:
- The TOTAL includes all the Total Accumulated Rewards
- We can instantly see that over the 18 weeks I am up by a total of almost $2415. This is a 33.71% profit - up from the 19.5% profit I saw two weeks ago.
- The returns from the Aave protocol have dropped slightly from the 83.54% profit I had two weeks ago. It is currently yielding just 80% which means I am still up by around $800 from my initial investment.
- The liquidity provided to the AMPL/ETH Uniswap pool (and Geyser) is still my largest gain. So far, I have profited by 190.11% on my initial investment which means I have gained almost $2000. The $685 I earned from the incentive program has helped greatly here.
- Lastly, the returns from Bancor have recovered. In the last update, I was down by around 8.5% with almost a $100 loss. Today, I am sitting with almost a 19% profit which means that I have earned $191 from this protocol from my initial $1000 investment.
- The smallest gains come from Compound which has netted a 2% profit and Curve which has netted 3.65%.
Well, that’s all for now folks! I will continue to share these results over the following weeks if there are any further developments that I think might interest you.
See all experiment updates here