From March 2020 until now, what's been the highest-performing asset of this COVID-19 pandemic? Let's take a look:
March 2020-May 2021 Weekly Chart (% Change).
From lowest to highest % gains:
Dow Jones: 80.1%
S&P 500: 82.2%
Russell 2000: 121%
What conclusions can we draw?
1. Gold is not a hedge/flight to safety (but we already knew that).
2. This was a V-shaped recovery
3. Small-caps outperformed large-caps -- this applies to stocks AND cryptos.
4. Crypto benefits significantly more from this global inflationary environment than stocks.
5. Bitcoin performs well; legitimate altcoins (ETH) perform better.