How do you keep yourself informed about crypto?

By LeftFooted | bitcoinea | 19 May 2022


When newcomers ask about crypto and NFTs, they're often told that these things are "based on blockchain technology". Legacy media outlets always use this expression all the time and I believe it may be because they've no idea what they're talking about.


And anyway this is, in my opinion, a dumb explanation because the next question would inevitabily be: "cool! So what the hell is blockchain technology?"


Understanding crypto takes time, a commodity that most people are running out of, and it is very difficult to create a one-size-fits-all package to explain everything to everyone in one go.


During my time at the Tomorrow Conference in Belgrade last weekend, I happened upon a Slovenian startup that's trying to do exactly that. It's called Cryptounity.


The whole idea, the whole project, is based on the statistical knowledge that only 2% of the world use crypto, which leaves us with 98% with no idea what it is or how to use it.


They want to create a hub where you can find enough info to get a basic understanding of everything crypto from how an exchange work to NFT marketplaces.


It's an ambitious goal but they've structured it right and designed it to make sure you start simple and learn the basics right away, especially when it comes to crucial things like cybersecurity.


As you'd expect, the platform also has its native token called CUT (on BSC), with a total supply of 1,000,000,000.


I haven't bought any yet but I'm considering it. Partly because I believe in the project, but chiefly because there's nothing else to do right now, I can't certainly sell crypto now, can I?

How do you rate this article?


21

0

LeftFooted
LeftFooted

I’m a left-footed duck that loves writing. I write about cars, watches, craft beer and, you’ve guessed it, crypto Also active on read.cash


bitcoinea
bitcoinea

Let’s talk crypto 💎💠

Send a $0.01 microtip in crypto to the author, and earn yourself as you read!

20% to author / 80% to me.
We pay the tips from our rewards pool.