Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin has staked SNX via the Optimistic layer 2 solution on Jan. 25, as seen in data from Ethscan.
- Buterin staked just under $10,000 on the Synthetix L2 bridge on Jan. 25, making him the most high profile staker yet
- Buterin himself has not commented on the transaction, and it could just be that he is testing the Optimistic Ethereum solutions
- Optimistic Ethereum is a scaling solution for Ethereum that soft launched last week, reducing gas costs by a factor of 143x in a Synthetix demo
- Currently, staking is a one-way bridge but Synthetix will add support for two-way bridges, additional assets and Chainlink oracles for in the near future
- There are currently multiple solutions for lower gas costs and faster confirmation times that are being worked on, including Loopring’s zkRollup solution