Local news outlet Criptonoticias on September 22 reported that the nation had legalized cryptocurrency mining, albeit with several caveats.
- The regulation comes with several conditions, failing to adhere to these conditions could result in penalties
- Local individuals or groups wishing to mine cryptocurrency must apply for a license and be listed on a government register
- Most significantly, all mining will occur through National Digital Mining Pool, which gives authorities an undue amount of control over the mining rewards
- Miners will have to keep a log their mining activity for 10 years
- Mining equipment imports and manufacturing will also be monitored by authorities
- Manufacturers and mining data centers must apply for licenses