Coinbase Pro will disable margin trading from Nov. 25, according to an announcement made on Nov. 25.
- Coinbase cited guidance from the United States Commodity Futures Trading Commission as the reason why it has disabled the product
- The exchange also said that it believes “clear, common-sense regulations for margin lending products are needed to protect and provide peace of mind to U.S customers” and that it looked forward to working with regulators
- All margin trading features will be disabled from 14:00 PST Nov. 25, with the product to be taken offline entirely in Dec. once all margin positions expire; customers using credit had their open limit orders cancelled immediately
- Exchanges operating in the United States, or with users from the US, have been rethinking their operations in the country following increased regulatory clampdown, as in the case of BitMEX
- Binance informed users registered in the US that they two weeks to withdraw their funds before their accounts are closed, citing violation of terms of service