Hi all! This is Alejandro, Krebit’s founder, and wanted to share with you that today is a very special day for us! and even more special since the Devcon VI is being hosted this week in our home country, Colombia 🇨🇴 :)
- ☑️🆔 Krebit.id is live on the Polygon network!
- What’s on the first release?
- ⏭️What’s Next?
TL;DR; you can now claim off-chain, encrypted Krebit credentials and mint them as an NFT in Polygon!
Krebit.id is live on the Polygon network!
The road that took us here took a while, and as a builder, being consistent is hard, but it is a must. I started Krebit in early 2021 with the release of a yellowpaper were I was hoping to lay out ideas for starting a Web3 of trust based on Decentralized Reputation, and a lot has happened since then:
With a very basic MVP we got lucky to attract grant donors and build a small but talented team to bring to live Krebit’s vision of having both privacy and utility in the space.
What's on the first release?
- Reputation should be portable, not something you earn on a platform and cannot take with you. With Krebit you can aggregate both web2 and web3 reputation into off-chan verifiable credentials, that can then be verified on-chain.
- You can now go to https://krebit.id/ and start claiming your first credentials for personhood, community and work experience, we would appreciate all your feedback and questions at this early stage.
- You are in full control of which credentials are public and which ones are encrypted using the Lit protocol:
- After getting the credential you can optionally mint a stamp for it on-chain, that will give you both KRB erc20 and erc1155 NFT tokens: https://opensea.io/collection/krebit-verifiable-credentials
- These credential NFTs are non-transferable, and will give you access to many standard token-gating protocols like Lit, Guild.xyz, Snapshot, etc.
- Don’t have MATIC? no worries!, we will initially cover mint gas expenses so you can enjoy collecting your credentials with ease.
- And if you’re a web3 developer and want to add Krebit’s reputation passport to your app, you can find the package in NPM and the github repository: https://www.npmjs.com/package/@krebitdao/reputation-passport
We’re very excited to see what projects are build with Krebit, some uses cases come to mind:
- Guild.xyz role assignments
- Age restricted content
- Basic KYC on-chain
- Wallet recovery based on credentials and Lit PKP.
Thanks again to all gitcoin grant donors who believed is us, we are working tirelessly to make your money’s worth as a Reputation Passport public good.
Alerios and the Krebit Team
- Follow us on Twitter @KrebitID
- Join the discord Server: https://discord.gg/y7sMYVjxrd
- Read the Blog: https://publish0x.com/krebit
- Subscribe to the Newsletter: https://news.krebit.id