Initially created under the name AntShares, NEO is a blockchain and cryptocurrency platform founded by Da Hongfei and Erik Zhan in China in 2014. It was renamed in June 2017 under the name NEO.
This platform seeks to bring the blockchain to the whole world, automating the digitization of assets through smart contracts. NEO is looking to be the leading blockchain project this year.
How NEO is created
The NEO network is based on two tokens: NEO and neoGAS (or GAS).
- NEO has a maximum limit of 100,000,000 tokens and is used for block creation, network management ... NEO is based on 'proof of service', unlike other currencies such as Bitcoin which use 'proof of work'. That is, in NEO, its users are rewarded for the amount of NEO tokens they own.
- neoGAS is the token with which users are rewarded each time a new block of the chain is created. This will occur until the moment when the limit of 100,000,000 tokens is reached, from which these users will win a part of the transactions.
At this point, it is necessary to indicate that in order to receive the neoGAS tokens, users cannot have their NEO tokens deposited in an exchange platform, but in a personal wallet.
What are the advantages of NEO
As advantages we have:
- NEO has one of the lowest fees in the blockchain system.
- To avoid inflation, there is a maximum number of tokens that can be created each year.
- NEO has investors like Microsoft or Alibaba
Supports numerous programming languages for contracts.
- NEO developers are in talks with the Chinese government for its implementation, which would open the market to millions of users.
If you like this world and you want to know how I evolved in it: Stay tuned!
In case you haven't signed up for Publish0x yet:
Find me also on:
Thanks and see you soon.