Non Fungible Token (NFT) Platforms are all the rage right now.
There are many different “NFT Platforms” that exist, and many more are expected to come online in the coming weeks.
As a creator, it is perhaps overwhelming to choose which platform to use, and why one might be better suited for your use-case versus the other. Each NFT Platform has its pros and cons.
At Charged Particles, there are many creators that SHOULD NOT be using our platform. In fact, we don’t even want to be a “Platform” with a minting station / marketplace long term. That’s not our vision.
In this article, I’ll take a look at some of the popular NFT Platforms out there, and explain a bit more about how Charged Particles stacks up.
A “NFT Platform” allows you to take your digital item, transform it into a NFT (“Mint”), then list it for sale (“Initial Offering”), and then allow it to be resold in the marketplace (“Secondary Sale”).
A quick reminder that NFTs are NOT just Digital Art. Most platforms allow NFT creation for many more items.
NFTs are blockchain-based records that uniquely represent pieces of media. The media can be anything digital, including art, videos, music, gifs, games, text, memes, and code. — Chris Dixon
Each platform caters to a certain type of creator, collector and audience. Here’s a convenient comparison, note: Credit Allen Hena for putting this together!
If you’re looking for a wider reach, and only plan to release a NFT, go with another platform. There’s a number of options (and more coming!)
If you love decentralization, no fees, and want to make a truly unique NFT offering. Check out Charged Particles.
Charged Particles NFTs
With Charged Particles, you can create a truly unique NFT, and it’s important to note that NFTs created via Charged Particles are still standard non-custodial NFTs (ERC-721s) that can be sold on popular marketplaces like Rarible or Opensea, but you’re enabling them to easily hold other tokens and have programmable principal & interest.
Yes, at Charged Particles we have a marketplace and a minting station — both of which are pretty cool and charge absolutely 0 fees. They’re also completely server-less so we’re never collecting any data on you as you interact with our DApp.
Yes, we do some of the biggest MetaVerse Parties seen today with thousands of participants for our exclusive drops and yes, we’ve reached the 7 figure mark in sales of NFTs from Charged Particles.
However, eventually our protocol will blend into the background of these other platforms, and the ability to “Charge” or “Energize” your NFT is the aspect we really care about.
Have a favorite NFT that you’ve minted somewhere else? In our Discord, you can vote to have the place where that NFT was minted to be whitelisted on Charged Particles. This means that you can now take your favorite NFT — even if it was minted somewhere else — and “Energize” it — filling it with the token of your choice using Charged Particles.
Charged Particles allows you to do so much more than *just* create a NFT, our protocol allows you to transform your NFT into a basket holding other tokens (ERC-20 AND even other NFTs). It’s time to DO MORE with your NFTs and truly stand out from the crowd.
Shouldn’t your NFT do more than JUST be a provably scarce digital collectible? We think so and we’re so excited to see true creativity in the space.
Some Ideas for Artists to differentiate their CryptoArt NFTs with Charged Particles
Want to create CryptoArt and want to stand out from the Crowd of NFT creators?
With Charged Particles, your piece of rare crypto art can be loaded with an intrinsic value — filled with other tokens. Interest-bearing tokens, Speculative Tokens, Social Tokens, LP Tokens… Even other NFTs!
These tokens inside of your NFT are configure-able — want to time lock them? No problem.
If they’re interest-bearing tokens (thanks to the powers of Decentralized Finance (DeFi) enabled by Borrowing/Lending Markets like Aave), a portion of the yield can be directed wherever you’d like. You can create a DeFi NFT and now your piece of rare crypto art can come loaded with an intrinsic value that earns interest and grows over time.
Want to give back? A portion of the interest generated could go to a charity of your choice, a unique offering while ‘giving back’ in a different way.
Why not create a social token and lock these tokens inside your artwork for increased speculative value and a truly unique way to interact with your community?
You can sell a NFT that has another NFT locked inside of it. An NFT is actually nested within another unique NFT. That NFT could be time-locked inside as well. First of its kind, available only via Charged Particles.
Some More Ideas with Charged Particles
With Charged Particles, we have A LOT of unique ideas. But here’s some to get you started:
- Turn your favorite NFT into a Goal-Based interest earning Piggy bank. The accumulating interest inside of your NFT changes the image of the artwork as time progresses. Visually seeing your goal-based savings account transforming closer and closer to that goal . The NFT image would change based on the amount of charge and helps people visualize what they’re saving for, e.g. the NFT’s image could be a gray car that turns into a colored-in one as you get closer to your goal.
- Music NFT: A Meta “Album” NFT filled with (time-locked) individual songs NFTs that have customizable release conditions
- Token-Gated Access Newsletters / Chats — Incorporating the accumulated interest (‘charge’) a NFT has — incorporating this ‘proof of length of NFT ownership’ mechanic quite beautifully.
- Financial-themed Art. Used for financial communities. Think of a beautifully designed 100 LINK Bill filled with 100 LINK worth of aLINK growing interest over time.
- Charity-Focused Art Sales. Portion of interest-generated (CHARGE) always pays out to charity (or any ETH address).
- Patreon-Style Donations. Fans can deposit tokens into an artist’s NFT. The artist’s NFT (pre-sale) can be accruing donations before being sold in the open market.
- Particle with link to Physical Art. Think about having a Particle that is linked to a physical artwork, generating charge internally, giving a percentage to charity/museum. The charity/museum element would be a much more interest-ing and accessible thing for someone non-crypto-native to appreciate the digital ‘core’ of the piece. Rather than just looking at a jpeg, they’re looking at a piece of functional technology that is generating good in the world while it sits on the wall.
- Virtual Geocaching. Treasure hunts for hidden NFTs in the Metaverse! When you find it you get to discharge the accrued interest and leave your name. The NFT stays for the next person to find… the longer it takes, the more accumulated interest (charge) to gain!
- Transfer collections of tokens in a single transaction (ERC721 Transfer). FIll up your NFT with a basket of other tokens. This basket is easily transferable, could be used as a trust as the contents can be timelocked.
- Entertainment NFTs — a basket of trading cards based on Celebrities who have social tokens, and the NFTs contain some amount of their token
NFTs can be filled with multiple tokens. Want your NFT to hold 1000 aDAI, 0.022 UNI-V2, 0.052 UNI-V2, 100 aDAI, 2 WETH, 1000 $ALEX — No worries!
Configurations on when/who/how the Mass (Principle) or Charge (Interest) can be reclaimed.
Configurations on where/when/how interest is discharged for NFTs with aTokens.
Ability for any user to easily deposit tokens into other users’ NFT.
These building blocks enabled by Charged Particles; paired with the creativity we see in this space… We’re excited!
We’re always open for community feedback & would love to help support additional ideas If you have a great idea, reach out in Discord!
Next Steps: Use Charged Particles and Create Truly Unique CryptoArt unlike anything else
Sold? Here’s a How To Guide to Using Charged Particles.
Message us on Discord, Telegram or any of the other social medias listed at the bottom of the article if you have any questions. Particularly, in Discord or Telegram, chat with our community to iron out the crazy ideas you have — we’re always online.
We’re looking forward to seeing these unique NFT offerings. The crazier the better. We look forward to seeing you!
About Charged Particles
Charged Particles was started in late 2019 in an attempt to combine NFTs and DeFi in a novel way.
Charged Particles allows users to “Do more with their Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs).” Offering near-infinite flexibility and creativity within this growing space.
With Charged Particles, any NFT can be transformed into a basket containing other ERC-20 tokens, even other NFTs. The Principal amount can be time-locked inside the NFT, and through an integration with Aave’s aTokens, programmable yield from these DeFi yield-generating assets is just a few clicks away.
Charged Particles is NFT Agnostic and the sky is the limit as this technology provides the infrastructure for the future of NFT finance.
Charged Particles is backed by top web3 investors in the space, and the Protocol & DApp went live on MainNet on 17-Feb.
Find Out More