for 4 servings
- 1 spaghetti squash
- oil, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
GARLIC HERB SHRIMP
- 1 lb raw shrimp(455 g), peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- parmesan cheese, optional
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- Using a fork or knife, carefully poke holes along the middle of the squash.
- Microwave for 5 minutes so the squash softens and is easier to cut.
- Cut in half horizontally and scoop out the seeds.
- Drizzle olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place in the Instant Pot and secure the lid until you hear the beep. Tip: Closing the lid can be tricky. Have the pressure knob at 11 o’clock and turn right.
- Set the pressure knob on the top of the lid to Sealing. Select “Manual” and reduce to 7 minutes. It will say “On” in a few seconds. Note: the Instant Pot will need to warm up for 5-10 minutes. Steam will be released and a few minutes later, the time will start counting down.
- While the squash is cooking, prepare the shrimp. Place the shrimp in a bowl and add the minced garlic, onion powder, parsley, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Once the 7 minutes is up, let the squash rest in the pot for 5 minutes. It will count up and read “L 0:05”.
- Using a towel or mit, release the pressure knob from “Sealing” to “Venting”. After the steam has been released, carefully take the squash out of the pot and let it rest in a bowl.
- Drain the excess liquid and clean the pot.
- To cook the shrimp, select “Saute” on the Instant Pot. Once it says “Hot”, add the oil. When the oil is shimmering, add the shrimp in a single layer (cook in batches if necessary). Cook for 3-5 minutes per side or until opaque.
- Press “Cancel” and remove the shrimp.
- Using a fork, shred the inside of the squash.
- Serve the spaghetti squash and shrimp together. If desired, top with parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.