Recently, I came across QRDO, a relatively new token, less than a month old, that has already attracted a significant amount of institutional interest. And, of course, where institutional investors are willing to pump their coins, I am going to follow with a magnifying glass. So I did a little snooping and I am quite fascinated by what I uncovered. Let's talk about it.
The QRDO token is part of the ecosystem of cross-chain protocol, Qredo, pronounced credo.
Targeting institutional investors in cryptocurrencies and decentralized finance, Qredo proposes to take the lead on data security, privacy, anonymity and compliance while also solving the liquidity challenges institutional traders face entering the digital asset market.
The organization proposes to address issues faced by institutional investors in the following manner:
- Qredo has designed and operates a fully audited, verified, and insured fast-finality consensus engine that helps regulate billions of transactions every day.
- Its trustless multi-party computation (MPC) custodial network, provides tier-1 bank security and eliminates the burden of wallet key management. It also effectively eliminates cyber threats which can result from trading operations, storage and the transfer of digital assets.
- Its layer two solution offers native cross-chain swaps, and cross platform liquidity access at lighting fast speeds without layer one fees and delays.
- Qredo offers unrivalled governance and reporting features, so that institutions can customize their custody set-up and quickly respond to any new and evolving compliance regulations.
- Beginning with the launch of its QRDO token, Qredo has embarked on an evolutionary path towards becoming completely owned and operated by the community through a Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO).
Learn more about Qredo's competitive advantage in its whitepaper.
Though still in its infancy, (Qredo was launched in 2018) Qredo has already attracted an impressive list of early strategic investors including: Celsius, Coinbase, Ledger Prime, Nexo, Kronos and Quantstamp among others.
The QRDO token
The QRDO token is currently trading for a little over USD1. With the exception of Kucoin and Gate.io, this token hasn't been picked up by many of the tier one cryptocurrency exchanges as yet, but I think it's only a matter of time before it is listed by other exchanges, since the organization is run by a development team comprising a number of heavyweights in the cryptocurrency space with connections to cryptocurrency exchanges Binance and Huobi Global, and investment banking company, JP Morgan Chase among others.
The proposed tokenomics for QRDO promising rewards to all stakeholders is nothing to scoff at either.
I'll be honest, guys, I am drawn to cryptocurrencies for different reasons. I like coins like Algorand and XLM because they have a history in the space, they have respected and recognizable founders and are associated with a great development team, they have proven use cases, excellent entry points, room to grow, provide good investment and staking returns, etc. But from time to time, I also look at newer, riskier altcoins. These might be coins that are not yet proven, but might have a very strong team and a clear and relatable mission to address identifiable challenges in the space. For this reason, I am attracted to QRDO and I might get in while it's still early.
But what do you guys think of this project? I'd love to hear your thoughts on the potential of this one!