We would like to introduce a new section being launched on ZooKeeper: the Safari Pool; stake your ZOO and earn rewards (available from the 21st of May) This exciting concept will offer an additional use case for the ZOO token, as well as enable governance feedback from the community. This will even further benefit the users who have been focused on keeping their ZOO tokens from the beginning and reward them for their patience.
The importance and benefit of creating these ZOO staking pools is two-fold: it gives the ZOO token more utility, and effectively boosts ZooKeeper TVL (Total Value Locked).
Here are a few notable details regarding the Safari Pool staking process:
- No limits to how many ZOO tokens one can stake;
- No lock period when staking ZOO tokens;
- No penalty fees upon entering or exiting the staking pools;
- The duration of each new community-voted Safari Pool will be set to four (4) weeks;
- There will always only be two active staking pools at a time:
a) One pool will enable the user to stake their ZOO to earn ZOO token rewards. * Note that this pool is a permanent part of the Safari Pool section;
b) One pool will enable the user to stake their ZOO to earn the current community-voted token/coin. (a new pool will launch every month)
The voting process will be carried out during the first week of each month, and the result will be implemented in the following month. This means that while a chosen staking pool is active, the community will be voting for the next pool. For each new community vote, all coins/tokens listed on WanSwap will be available to choose from. * Note that the first vote taking place on the 1st of May will offer these voting choices only: WAN, wanXRP, wanBTC, wanETH, WASP, and wanUSDT.
Safari Pool cycle recap:
- From the 1st till the 7th of each month — Voting is open for next community Safari Pool token/coin;
- From the 8th till the end of the month — The team will implement gradual purchases of the community-voted token/coin over a period of three (3) weeks;
- On the 1st of each month — Launch of the new community-voted Safari Pool token/coin.
Safari Pool Funding
As previously detailed in the ZOO Tokenomics medium article:
- 3% of OTT (Over The Top) is reserved for the Safari Pools:
a) 40% of this 3% (1,2%) will be used to provide the ZOO token rewards on the permanent pool (ZOO staking for ZOO rewards);
b) 60% of this 3% (1,8%) will be used to purchase the community-voted token/coin used as rewards on the community pool.
There are no limits to how much you can stake in the Safari Pools; add or remove from your stake as you see fit. The choice is on you, ZooKeeper.
Now get ready for an adventure into the wilderness and see you on the Safari!
- Cast your vote for the first Community Safari Pool token/coin HERE
Please click the following links to find out more:
ZooKeeper Docs: https://docs.zookeeper.finance