It's Official!!! Brave Browser's newest official build version 1.3.113 is now available for update or download. With this update, new improvements and features such as "Sponsored Images", "Additional 30 REGIONS" and more!
©Image by circuitops
Here are the new updates according to brave browser GitHub Channel Official Release:
- Added New Tab Page Sponsored Images.
©Image by circuitops
©Image by circuitops
- Added the ability to opt-in to user private Brave ads for over 30 new regions: Arab Emirates, Albania, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belgium, Bulgaria, China, Czech Republic, Algeria, Egypt, Spain, Finland, Greece, Hong Kong, Croatia, Hungary, Indonesia, Iraq, Cambodia, Lithuania, Morocco, Malaysia, Nigeria, Norway, Pakistan, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Thailand, Turkey, Taiwan, Ukraine, and Vietnam.
- Added the ability for multiple segments to trigger ad notifications.
- Added OS level targeting for ads.
- Added server configurable default tip amounts.
- Added web compatibility reporter on Brave Shields.
- Added additional zoom levels.
- Added the ability for users to disable autocomplete.
- Added the ability to disable Tor via Admin policy.
- Added auto-compaction for sync to reduce transferred data amount.
- Updated permissions for Uphold user wallets for Brave Rewards.
- Updated UI for the Brave Rewards widget on the New Tab Page.
- Updated text to indicate that wallet verification is optional.
- Updated "Thank you" text on the monthly contribution banner.
- Updated ads panel on brave://rewards to display BAT with 1 decimal place.
- Updated speaker button on pinned tabs so it cannot be clicked.
- Updated Widevine setting to install specific instead of profile specific.
- Updated the New Tab Page to be more dynamic.
- Updated sync chain preferences.
- Disabled out of process rasterization by default.
- Fixed crash which occurred when extensions-toolbar-menu is enabled in brave://flags.
- Fixed ads crash in certain cases.
- Fixed Brave Rewards widget not reflecting auto contribute amount.
- Fixed wallet balance not updating dynamically on the tip banner.
- Fixed incorrect balance displaying when rewards are toggled off.
- Fixed claim banner not being removed from brave://rewards in certain cases.
- Fixed the tipping banner always showing a disabled vertical scrollbar.
- Fixed multiple entries displaying in ads history for the same ad notification.
- Fixed inability to open ad notifications from the notification center on Windows.
- Fixed certain cases where the browser doesn't retry to get newly signed ad tokens.
- Fixed global shields setting for "Only block cross-site cookies" not working.
- Fixed missing context menu items.
- Fixed inconsistent naming for Site Settings in brave://settings/clearBrowserData.
- Fixed exported password file name.
- Fixed "Add to Chrome" being displayed instead of "Add to Brave" in Chrome Web Store.
- Fixed inability to login to Expensify with Google Authentication.
- Fixed certain cases where bookmarks are missing from sync after chain creation.
- Fixed certain cases where bookmark location changes are not synced to other devices on-chain.
- Fixed issue with sync chain reset when the device is offline.
- Fixed review crash on dobreprogramy.pl.
- Fixed display glitches in certain cases.
- Fixed top sites widget not moving up when the stats widget is hidden on the New Tab Page.
- Fixed typescript files not displaying syntax highlighting in Developer Tools.
- Upgraded Chromium to 80.0.3987.87.
Download Brave Browser v1.3.113: https://brave.com
Brave Browser version 1.3.113 Crashes
I don't recommend updating your brave browser since most users (who updated) have experienced "Crashing at Launch in Windows 10 and Mac OS" due to sync issues. I recommend waiting for the next update - Brave Browser OFFICIAL BUILD (not Pre-Release) version 1.3.114 or reverting back to version 1.2.43.
According to the Brave official twitter and Github channel, Brave team recommend to install the new build version (Pre-Release) of brave to address the issue:
- Win x64 - https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/releases/download/v1.3.114/BraveBrowserStandaloneSetup.exe
- Win x86 - https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/releases/download/v1.3.114/BraveBrowserStandaloneSetup32.exe
- macOS - https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/releases/download/v1.3.114/Brave-Browser.dmg
- Linux - https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/releases/download/v1.3.114/brave-browser_1.3.114_amd64.deb