The market of the gaming industry is increasing every year especially in these major platforms such as Mobile, Consoles, and PC. These increase can be observed in the consumer market performance where the value of downloadable content increase from top digital distribution platforms for video games.
The game industry currently has five (5) business models for making money:
- Pay to win (P2W) or Microtransaction - is where players can purchase a decisive competitive advance over non-paying players. Or in other words, the game is free to play but to be a good player you have to pay.
- Ad Driven Revenues or Constant Ads - is a monetary income where businesses or developers can earn money from displaying paid advertisements on video games, apps, or websites.
- Downloadable Content or Purchase the Game, and Subscription Based - is where a customer must pay to access the new features or updates of a game.
- Sponsorship - There are many forms for sponsorship such as Esports event, display their brand on a game, and etc.
- User Data Sales - games and apps collect user data, activities, and behavior. These data are now being sold to big companies (You know who likes to buy our data) to analyzed for analytical and business purposes.
With this all said, BAT's purpose is to reward users for giving their attention. Think about it, business owners and developers like to get user attention and play their games. If BAT can extend its technology in gaming industry, players can earn rewards by giving their attention to a simple advertisement, earn BAT rewards by completing a game quests, players can also buy virtual goods or weapons (which is good for game economy), and earned BAT's can be transferred and withdraw to a real-world money. Everything is possible.
Surfing the web while earning BAT is attractive (BRAVE) but, how about a chance to play a game and earn money at the same is MORE ATTRACTIVE.
What do you think?