Donating 1 Bitcoin (BTC) to Charity On My 10 Year Open Heart Surgery Anniversary
Today was my 10 year anniversary of open heart surgery! To give back some gratitude I've given 1 bitcoin (btc) to charity - CHUF, the Childrens Heart Unit Foundation (and I'd love to invite some of my bitcoin friends to also make a donation with me ;)).
Here's a random , waffling video of me explaining it all (while shirtless ;)):
And no, I didn't forget to put a t-shirt on , it shows the POS (proof of surgery.... <tumbleweed>, ok , c'mon, this must be in the top 10 blockchain dad jokes... and besides, I've literally got a million $ body ;)... this is another joke from the fact that I've had over a million $s worth of surgery.. jokes aside, the least I could do would be to give some back.
Here's the donation address, with my 1 btc transaction going into it at : 2018-11-18 15:33:36
Donate With Me :)
Are we friends? I'd like to ask you to make a small donation with me , just $10 if you can, it will HELP! Or can you send 0.01btc? Or are you a whale, c'mon, you know who you are, if we're friends I'm asking you to send 0.1 btc (so similar in eth/bch if you prefer?) to my charity, the one that saved my life 2+ times.
Here is CHUF's btc wallet (I helped them set it up last year, it's directly in Kraken.com exchange so they can easily sell it):
* Edit: this post initially had 2 other wallets, BCH and ETH on , but they were mine as CHUF didn't set them up in time still, but actually I don't really feel comfortable asking for donations and custodianing them, so just BTC donation to the address above if you want to please :)
Here are a couple of picture "proofs" that the money is going to them:
1. I've given a few donations before, all to CHUF, its "my" charity. One of them made the local newspaper: https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/1000-donation-nets-nearly-12000-14006467
2. Here's a couple of screenshots of messages I've sent Sam at CHUF:
From an older donation, a confirmation of their address:
Just from today, asking Sam to find me a BCH and ETH address for further donations:
3. Here is CHUF's BTC wallet on the blockchain for all to see - there are 3txs here, one is for the 2.71 btc (the donation mentioned in the article), then there's another 1btc that I sent them in June this year, I made a birthday donation to them): https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/3KTKQ1mYkYJgBrhWYBob4z4UNyPY5fkdCG , and finally the 1btc sent just now.
TLDR About Me and Publish0x
!Hi guys, nice to meet you, I'm Dan Bainbridge, I've been in the blockchain space since 2014 as a bootstrapped entrepreneur, this is my top level business card site: www.bigbird.vc.
We started off making faucets and mobile apps that give away bitcoin, and to date have given out 1090+btc, and have 2.5 million installs on our mobile apps. Along the way we got so much traffic that we made our own advertising network - www.coinad.com (ads are priced in bitcoin and display on other bitcoin incentive sites) - to tie all of our properties together and now it has expanded out way beyond just my websites. That led to creating www.investinblockchain.com - and with 450k monthly visits we are getting up there with the larger crypto news sites.. In short, I am heavily invested across the blockchain space both physically and emotionally, and want to do my best to spread awareness, and Publish 0x is my next big attempt at this :)
So I'm making this post semi self promotionally, to showcase this new project - "Publish 0x". This idea has been 2 years in the dreaming stage and 6 months in the making. It is my version of crypto blogging, here it is in a nutshell:
- We are a crypto blogging platform, but crypto agnostic.
- We are in beta right now, so limited to one token - BNTY (ala Bounty0x.io), but we will enable tipping in many other tokens in the future, starting with Ethereum erc20 tokens.
- The problem with some of the other crypto blog sites is you have to earn in their token, which can only be used on their platform... we don't have our own "token that we made and ran an ICO for, for no reason, which isn't needed" we are going to open up and just enable the usage of many other tokens.
- Anyone can join and publish any content/article they want, and receive tips - in crypto currency, however, there's one other big difference;
- YOU EARN, as the READER, as you read articles! There is a slider at the bottom of every article, which the reader gets to slide and choose how much % of the next micro tip to give to the author and how much to keep...
- So of course the author receives tips and earns too :)
- It's all FREE, we supply the tips, they are only small, but they can build up if we get popular.
- *Again, give us a chance, we are in beta right now, we will try and set the tips as high as possible but don't expect too much features wise, however you can check our roadmap to see what else we have planned (including an article bounties system, bigger tips, features for teams who want to have their official coin blog powered by Publish0x and more!
Send a $0.01 microtip in crypto to the author, and earn yourself as you read!% to author / 80% to me.
We pay the tips from our rewards pool.